Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Nov. 1, 2010
• Cincinnati made all 13 of its free-throws in the first half.
• After not missing a shot from the charity stripe in the first half, UC first missed with 13:37 left in the second when Ibrahima Thomas misfired on his second of two free throw attempts.
• After falling behind 6-0 to start the game, the Bearcats responded with a14-0 run, led by junior guard Dion Dixon’s six points, and held Carleton scoreless for 5:32.
• From 5:45 to 4:21 in the first half, the Bearcats went on a 10-0 run.
• After a slow offensive start, the Bearcats shot 46.4 percent from the field in the first half and a perfect13-13 from free-throw line.
• UC scored 32 points off 23 Carleton turnovers
• The Bearcats improved their shooting percentage in the second half, connecting on 50 percent of its attempts
• Cincinnati shot 72.5 percent from the free throw line for the game after making all 13 of its attempts in the first half, led by redshirt freshman guard Sean Kilpatrick (5-5) and junior forward Yancy Gates (7-8)
• Cincinnati dominated Carleton in the points-in-the-paint category 38-18
• The Bearcats scored 10 fast break points, while Carleton did not score any
• Eleven of UC’s 14 players got on the score sheet, while all 14 receiving playing time
• After Carleton scored on the opening possession of the second half, UC went on a 7-0 run, extending its lead to 47-32
• Kilpatrick, a redshirt freshman, made his UC debut and scored an efficient16 points in 17 minutes
• Freshman Justin Jackson came off the bench and led the Bearcats with five rebounds
• Gates had four slam dunks to lead the Bearcats, while Kilpatrick added one jam of his own
• Sophomore guard Cashmere Wright had a game-high five assists, followed by Dixon, who dished out three dimes
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 40-30