Men's Basketball |
Nov. 5, 2012
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 86, Bellarmine: 51
November 5, 2012 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio
- Monday marked the second time in four years the two schools have met in exhibition play. UC also won a 76-69 decision on Nov. 12, 2009 in Fifth Third Arena.
- UC had 5,475 fans in Fifth Third Arena for the second of two exhibition games. UC’s combined attendance of 10,850 for its two exhibition contests is the highest combined exhibition attendance since 2009-10.
- UC announced Monday that the student section is sold out through the month of November, a span that will cover four games.
- Holding the lead at 5-4 with 16:21 left in the opening half, UC went on a 21-10 run over the next 6:41 to lead 26-14 with 9:40 remaining in the opening stanza.
- The Bearcats led 45-24 at the half after shooting 17-of-35 from the field (.486) and 6-of-13 (.462) from behind the 3-point line. UC finished 34-of-64 (.540) from the field and hit nine triples on the night.
- UC was 14-2 a year ago when making eight or more threes and 6-0 when firing at a 50 percent or better clip.
- During a 7:44 segment that spanned halftime, UC went on a 23-2 run to move to a commanding 64-26 lead with 13:28 left in the game. During that run, Bellarmine was held without a field goal.
- UC's defense held Bellarmine to a 32.1 percent shooting night (17-of-53). The Knights shot 54.2 percent a year ago to lead all three NCAA divisions. UC finished 15-1 a year ago when holding its foes to under 40 percent from the field.
- UC outrebounded Bellarmine 39-33 and held a 27-18 advantage on the defensive glass.
- UC held a dominant 42-14 advantage in the paint and turned 17 Bellarmine turnovers into 20 points.
- UC ran off 19 fast-break points compared to none for Bellarmine.
- Five players, JaQuon Parker (16), Titus Rubles (13), Cashmere Wright (13), Jeremiah Davis III (13) and Sean Kilpatrick (11) scored in double figures and 11 of 12 UC players scored on the evening.
- Wright (13), Parker (10) and Kilpatrick (9) outscored Bellarmine in the opening stanza and combined to score 32 of UC’s 45 points in the first half.
- Cheikh Mbodj had a game-high three blocks and tallied eight blocks in UC’s two exhibition contests.
- Bellarmine's Chris Down and Jake Thelen tied for the game high with seven rebounds apiece.
- Rubles led the Bearcats with six boards while Kilpatrick added five.
- Wright finished with four steals, four assists and three rebounds to go with his 13 first-half points.
- The Bearcats open the 2012-13 regular season on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. ET against UT Martin in Fifth Third Arena. The game will be televised by FOX Sports Ohio and air on 700 WLW AM.