Nov. 8, 2011
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Nov. 8, 2011
No. 21/22 Cincinnati 66, Northern Kentucky 54
Exhibition Game 2 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Att: 5,329
- UC: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates(F)
- NKU: 1 Ethan Faulkner (G), 5 Ernest Watson (F), 10 Tony Rack (G), 24 Chad Jackson (G), 44 Jon Van Hoose (G)
- UC: Jackson (24 pts., 13 reb., 3 ast., 3 stl., 2 blk.) | Gates (19 pts., 8 reb., 2 ast., 2 blk., 2 stl.)
- Northern Kentucky: Jones (14 pts., 9 reb.) | Rack (11 pts., 3-for-11 3pt. FG)
- The Bearcats are now 9-0 all-time against NKU in exhibition contests (UC leads 7-0 all-time in regular-season contests).
- Cincinnati finishes its exhibition season 2-0 after defeating McGill University, 75-41, on Nov. 1
- UC jumped out to a 10-0 lead over the first two-plus minutes of the game.
- UC led 39-29 at halftime.
- Justin Jacksonled an 11-4 run to open the second half and push the UC lead to 50-33 with 16:47 to play, its largest of the game. Jackson scored nine straight over the first three-plus minutes of the second half.
- The Bearcats scored 21 points off 15 NKU turnovers and outscored the Norse in the paint, 32-10.
- After shooting 13-for-25 from three-point range in its win against West Virginia on Friday in Morgantown, NKU shot 10-for-32 from deep. The Norse were held to only 8-of-22 from inside the arc.
- NKU outrebounded the Bearcats, 34-31, including 14-9 on the offensive end.
- After allowing a BIG EAST-leading 59.6 points per game in 2010-11, UC held its two exhibition opponents to an average of 49.5 points per contest.
- Justin Jacksonscored 24 points with 13 rebounds, two blocks, and three steals in 36 minutes. He was 8-for-10 from the field and 7-for-12 from the free throw line. His career highs during his freshman campaign were eight points and seven rebounds.
- Jackson scored all 11 points during an 11-4 run to open the second half for UC.
- Yancy Gatestallied 19 points with eight rebounds, a pair of assists and a pair of blocks. He was 8-of-9 from the floor.
- The two big men combined for 43 of UC's 66 points (65%).
- Gates averaged 19.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in UC's two exhibition victories.
- UC opens regular-season play against Alabama State on Sunday, Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. in Fifth Third Arena. The game will be televised on FOX Sports Ohio.