Men's Basketball |
Nov. 12, 2009
Box Score |
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Bellarmine vs. Cincinnati (Exhibition) l Nov. 12, 2009
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Cincinnati defeated Bellarmine, 76-69.
• Cincinnati out-scored Bellarmine, 26-6, on second-chance points.
• The Bearcats out-rebounded the Knights, 44-31, including a 22-8 offensive rebounding advantage.
• Nine players played at least 10 minutes for the Bearcats led by Deonta Vaughn’s 28 minutes.
• Bellarmine closed out the final 2:41 of the contest on a 10-1 run, but the Bearcats defeated the Knights by a score of 76-69.
• After Bellarmine cut the UC lead to five points, 64-59, with 6:50, the Bearcats held the Knights without a field goal for the next 3:40 and went on an 11-0 run to open a 75-59 lead with 3:10 to play.
• Following a senior Steve Toyloy dunk to start the half, Bellarmine went on a 9-2 run over a 2:35 stretch to cut UC’s lead to seven points, 43-36, with 16:22 to play.
• UC entered halftime with a 39-27 lead.
• At halftime, the Bearcats’ bench outscored their starters 21-18. For the game, UC’s bench scored 37 points.
• Cincinnati went on a 14-3 run from the 11:25 mark to the 6:48 mark of the first half to open a 24-11 lead. Freshman guard Lance Stephenson scored seven points, including two 3-pointers, during the surge.
• Junior Darnell Wilks led all players with 12 points in the first half on a perfect 5-of-5 shooting from the floor. Wilks finished with 16 points on 6-of-7 shooting.
• Senior Steve Toyloy and sophomore Yancy Gates combined to score 14 points and grab 14 rebounds for the Bearcats frontcourt.
• Freshmen Lance Stephenson and Cashmere Wright also scored in double figures scoring 15 points and 10 points, respectively.