Nov. 12, 2013
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2013-14 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati (2-0) 68, NC State (1-1) 57
November 12, 2013 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 7,028
- After tonight's win, NC State leads the series 6-2 overall, including an 85-77 win on Dec. 23, 2007 in Raleigh, N.C. The Bearcats won the only other series meeting at Fifth Third Arena, an 80-71 decision on Dec. 23, 2006. Five of the seven games in the series were played in the 1940s and 1950s.
- UC head coach Mick Cronin is 2-1 against NC State having also coached against the Wolfpack during the 2006 and 2007 meetings.
- UC starters: Titus Rubles (F) Shaquille Thomas (F), Justin Jackson (F), Ge'Lawn Guyn (G), Sean Kilpatrick (G). The Bearcats have used the same starting lineup for both games this season.
- After opening the first game of the season (11/8/13) shooting one-for-10 from the floor, the Bearcats responded in the second game, making five of their first 10 field goals.
- NC State held a 48-46 point lead before a Cincinnati 7-0 run put the Bearcats ahead 53-48 with 7:55 remaining in the game. The run lasted two minutes and 24 seconds and included five points from Sean Kilpatrick.
- Additionally, the Bearcats closed out the game with a 22-9 run over the last 10:19 to win 68-57.
- In its opening two games of the 2013-14 season, Cincinnati has won by an average of 12 points.
- Cincinnati held a 36-22 advantage in points in the paint and a 16-13 lead in second chance points. North Carolina State had 15 points off turnovers to UC's six and led in fast break points (four to two) and bench points (14 to 13).
- The game saw eight lead changes and the two teams were tied 12 times.
- Cincinnati held NC State to 57 points in the game. The Bearcats surrendered less than 60 points 17 times last season.
- Cincinnati is now 54-9 (.857) in nonconference home games during the Mick Cronin coaching era. The Bearcats have won 41 of their last 45 non-league home games.
- The Bearcats are now 323-72 (.817) all-time in Fifth Third Arena, including an 85-36 (.702) mark during the Mick Cronin coaching era.
- The game was the second in a set of four games in the Global Sports Shootout for the Bearcats. UC defeated NC Central 74-61 on Friday, Nov. 8 and upcoming games against Appalachian State (Nov. 16) and Campbell (Nov. 20) are also part of the event.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 21 points to move up to 14th on the UC all-time scoring list with 1,487 points. The senior passed Yancey Gates (2009-12) who finished with 1,485 career points.
- Kilpatrick's 21 points gave him at least 20 points for the second time in as many games this season and the 20th time in his career.
- Senior Justin Jackson recorded his first-career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. His 10 rebounds marked only the second time in his career he has eclipsed the double-digit rebound barrier. Jackson also finished with a game-high four blocks. He has registered three or more blocks in both games this season and 18 times in his career.
- Senior Titus Rubles tied career-highs with 14 points and five made field goals.
- Freshman Troy Caupain was 0-for-3 in field goal attempts but drained five of six free throws to finish with a career-high five points.
- Freshman Jermaine Lawrence had three offensive rebounds and five defensive to finish with a career-high eight rebounds.