Nov. 13, 2012
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 102 (2-0), Mississippi Valley State: 60 (2-2)
November 13, 2012 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio
- UC leads the all-time series 2-0 with both victories coming in Cincinnati.
- UC Starters: Justin Jackson (f), Cheikh Mbodj (c), Cashmere Wright (g), Sean Kilpatrick (g) and JaQuon Parker (g).
- UC's 102 points are its most under head coach Mick Cronin, bettering the 101 point plateau that was hit on two occasions a season ago. UC last scored over 100 points on Dec. 21, 2011 in a 101-53 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- UC has won 33 of its last 36 nonconference regular-season home games
- UC is 55-21 vs. regular-season nonconference foes under Cronin, including a 46-8 record in Fifth Third Arena.
- UC is 13-0 all-time against the Southwestern Athletic Conference and 2-0 vs. MVSU.
- Leading 17-10, UC used a 23-4 run, bookended by triples from Cashmere Wright, over a 6:37 span to move its lead to 37-14 with 5:05 left in the first half.
- UC went on a 16-7 run during the first 5:42 of the second half to lead 59-30. During the run, Sean Kilpatrick had nine fast break points with two layups, a dunk and a three pointer.
- UC held a 51-25 rebounding advantage and scored over half its points (52 out of 102) in the paint.
- UC scored 19 points off of 15 MVSU turnovers and tallied 23 fast-break points.
- The UC bench contributed 37 points and 12 of UC's 13 players scored against the Delta Devils.
- Kelvin Gaines saw his first action of the 2012-13 season.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 13 of his game-high 20 points in the second half. It marked his 10th career 20-point scoring game and first of the 2012-13 campaign. Nine of the 13 points came on the fast break during a 16-7 run over the first 5:42 of the second half. Kilpatrick had two layups, a dunk and a triple during that span. He also added eight rebounds.
- Wright scored 8 of his 11 points during a 23-4 UC run that pushed its lead to 23 with 5:05 left in the first half. He also added five assists. He has drained seven threes through the first two games of the season.
- Wright and Titus Rubles have combined for 10 assists and one turnover in the first two games of the campaign.
- Rubles had eight points, seven rebounds, five assists and two blocked shots.
- JaQuon Parker finished with 13 points, four rebounds, a career-high three steals and two assists.
- Justin Jackson finished with eight rebounds and added five points.
- Cheikh Mbodj had eight points, six board and four blocks, giving him 12 rebounds and eight blocks through two games. He had 19 blocks in 28 games played a year ago.
- UC continues a four-game homestand to open the season on Sunday, Nov. 18 at 2 p.m. ET, taking on North Carolina A&T inside Fifth Third Arena. The game will be televised by FOX Sports Ohio and air on 55KRC 550 AM.