Nov. 15, 2015
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Cincinnati vs. Robert Morris
Nov. 15, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio – Fifth Third Arena
Cincinnati 106, Robert Morris 44
Tonight’s Attendance: 6,292
Starting Five: F Octavius Ellis, F Gary Clark, F Shaq Thomas, G Troy Caupain, G Farad Cobb
The Turning Point: UC broke open the game with 12 minutes left in the opening half. A three-pointer by Johnson started a 13-4 Bearcats run, capped by a thunderous two-handed jam from Ellis that saw UC lead 26-14 with 9:07 left in the half. Johnson had six of his nine first half points while DeBerry scored all seven of his opening-half points during a stretch of 50 seconds.
Leaders: Cobb’s 15 points led eight Bearcats in double figures, a Cronin-era first. DeBerry pulled down a game-high eight rebounds. Ellis blocked three shots. Caupain and Jenifer each dished out nine assists.
// TEAM NOTES
// INDIVIDUAL NOTES
- The Bearcats are 35-4 at Fifth Third Arena since the start of the 2013-14 season.
- UC topped the 100-point plateau for the first time since scoring 102 against Chicago State on Dec. 23, 2013.
- The 62-point margin of victory is a Cronin-era best.
- UC’s 32 assists on 38 made baskets is a Cronin-era best and a Fifth Third Arena record. The 18 steals ties for the fifth most in school history.
- The Bearcats knocked down 11 three pointers, the most in a game since a Dec. 27, 2012 55-54 loss against New Mexico.
- Fifty-two of UC’s 106 points came in the paint and 57 came off the bench. Both numbers topped RMU’s team total of 44 points.
- Eight players found double figures, including four of the five starters.
- UC nearly doubled RMU up on the boards, 44-24 and had a 16-6 edge on the offensive glass.
- RMU turned it over 29 times, which was converted into 36 UC points off turnovers.
- UC finished with nine dunks in the game.
- Farad Cobb knocked down three triples and dished out two assists, finishing with a team-high 15 points.
- RMU’s Rodney Pryor set the game mark with 17 points.
- Kevin Johnson and Shaq Thomas each finished with 14 points.
- Coreontae DeBerry added 12 points, eight rebounds and two blocks.
- Justin Jenifer and Troy Caupain combined for 18 of UC’s 32 assists, tallying nine apiece. It’s a career best mark for Jenifer while Caupain tied his career record. Jenifer added 11 points.
- Octavius Ellis, Jacob Evans and Quadri Moore all finished with 10 points. Ellis added three blocks, Evans had seven rebounds, two steals and three assists and Moore added four boards.
Next Up: UC hits the road for the first time in 2015, heading north on I-75 to face Bowling Green on Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. ET. The game will air on ESPN3 and on radio at 700 WLW AM.