2007-08 Cincinnati Men's Basketball
Men's Basketball |
Nov. 16, 2007
· UC improves to 2-1 vs. Coastal Carolina and 5-1 vs. Big South.
· The Chanticleers came into the night shooting 50.0 percent from behind the arc and were held to 19.0 percent (4-of-21) by the Bearcats.
· CCU senior guard Jack Leasure, who averaged 33.5 points in the first two games, was held to 15 points.
· Sophomore Deonta Vaughn scored a career high 36 points on 12-of-19 shooting (.632), including 9-for-15 from 3-point range. The nine 3-pointers were one short of Melvin Levett's school single-game record of 10 set vs.
· Vaughn's 36 points are the most by a UC player since Steve Logan posted 41 vs.
· Last season, only two Bearcats eclipsed the 30-point mark in a game. Vaughn scored 33 points versus Wofford (Nov. 21) while Marvin Gentry put up 32 in a come-from-behind win vs.
· At of the second half, UC went on a 10-2 run to jump out to a 56-36 lead. Vaughn scored six of the 10 points, hitting a 3-pointer and making three free throws.
· Senior forward John Williamson scored six points and ended a streak of three straight games where he scored in double digits.
· The 15-point margin of victory is