Men's Basketball |
Nov. 19, 2011
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery |
Nov. 19, 2011
Presbyterian (3-2) 56, No. 20/20 Cincinnati (2-1) 54
Game 3 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Att: 4,960
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F)
- Presbyterian: 3 Pierre Miller (G), 11 Josh Johnson (G), 24 Khalid Mutakabbir (G), 34 Al'Lonzo Coleman (F), 44 Jay Reynolds (C)
- Cincinnati: Kilpatrick (19 pts., 4-of-6 3pt. FG.) | Gates (17 pts., 8 reb.) | Jackson (9 pts., 9 reb., 2 blk., 3 stl.)
- Prebyterian: Mutakabbir (25 pts., 5 reb.) | Al'Lonzo Coleman (12 pts., 11 reb.)
- The Bearcats are 296-62 at Fifth Third Arena (23rd season).
- This was the first meeting between the Bearcats and Blue Hose.
- Cincinnati is 8-2 all-time against members of the Big South Conference. Charleston Southern (1-0), Coastal Carolina (3-1), Presbyterian (0-1), High Point (1-0), UNC Asheville (1-0), Winthrop (2-0).
- The Bearcats' 20-game home non-conference regular-season winning streak was snapped. (76-66 loss vs. Xavier on 12/13/08).
- UC posted six blocked shots against PC after recording 19 blocks through the first two games of the season (8.3 per game).
- The Bearcats have held the last eight non-conference opponents to 60 or fewer points. The last non-conference opponent to score more than 60 was Utah Valley State in a 92-72 UC win on 12/11/10.
- UC led 26-19 at halftime.
- Presbyterian closed the game on a 24-7 run.
- UC led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing 51.7 points through three games this season.
- Yancy Gates scored 17 points, moving into 28th place on UC's all-time scoring list, passing Jim Holstein (1,146 career points). He now has 1,147 career points.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored a season-high 19 points, knocking down four three-pointers.
- Dion Dixon tied his career high with 10 rebounds. He tallied seven points.
- Justin Jackson scored a career-high nine points. He added nine rebounds to tie a career high.
- UC welcomes Northwestern State on Monday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on FOX Sports Ohio.