2010-11 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Nov. 20, 2010
• Cincinnati took the first ever meeting versus IPFW, 65-59, and is now 14-2 against teams currently in the Summit League.
• The Bearcats opened the game on a 9-2 run until the 17:25 mark of the first half. Senior forward Ibrahima Thomas scored five points during the stretch.
• After IPFW cut UC’s lead to one point at 20-19, the Bearcats outscored the Mastodons, 14-5, over the next 4:07 to take their largest lead of the game at nine, 34-24.
• Cincinnati’s 45 points in the first half are its most in an opening period since scoring 50 in the first half last season vs. Cal State Bakersfield on Jan. 6, 2010.
• Six Bearcats scored six or more points in the first half, lead by Yancy Gates’ 11. For Gates, it is his second consecutive game with 10 or more points in the first half.
• Thomas pulled in seven first half rebounds to lead all players and UC outrebounded IPFW, 18-10.
• In the second half, IPFW started the period by scoring 11 of the first 13 points to cut UC’s lead to four, 47-43 with 16:08 left to play.
• After dominating the points in the paint, 24-12, in the first half, UC was outscored in the paint in the second half, 12-10.
• Cincinnati out rebounded its opponent for the second straight game pulling down, 34 rebounds to IPFW’s 24.
• The Bearcats, who shot a blistering 65.4 percent in the first half finished the game with a 48.9 shooting percentage after connecting on just 6-of-21 (.286) shots in the second half.
• After averaging 5.7 steals per game in 2009-10, the Bearcats have averaged 12 steals a game in the first two contests.
• Four Bearcats (Kilpatrick and Gates – 13, Bishop – 11, Dixon – 10) scored in double figures marking the first time a four UC players have scored 10 or more in the same game since last year’s Villanova game on March 2, 2010.
• After making three steals in the season opener, sophomore guard Cashmere Wright swiped a career high four vs. IPFW. He also has four assists in both games.
• Senior forward Rashad Bishop remained perfect from the free throw line in 2010-11 as he knocked down all six of his attempts vs. the Mastodons. He is now 12-for-12 on the season.
• This is the Bearcats second different starting line-up in as many games. Rashad Bishop is making his first start of 2010-11 and his 71st of his career, the most of any current UC player.