Men's Basketball |
Nov. 20, 2012
Final Stats |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 91 (4-0), Campbell: 72 (2-3)
November 20, 2012 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio
- Tuesday marked the first meeting between the two teams. UC holds a 1-0 advantage in the series and in Cincinnati.
- UC Starters: Justin Jackson (f), Cheikh Mbodj (c), Cashmere Wright (g), Sean Kilpatrick (g) and JaQuon Parker (g).
- UC has started the same lineup in all four games this season
- UC’s 54-point win was its largest margin of victory under head coach Mick Cronin and UC’s largest since knocking off Cal-State Northridge 116-54 (62 points) on Nov. 19, 1994.
- UC has won 35 of its last 38 nonconference regular-season home games
- UC is 57-21 vs. regular-season nonconference foes under Cronin, including a 48-8 record in Fifth Third Arena.
- UC has grabbed at least 50 rebounds in each of the team’s first three games, with the 56 rebounds against North Carolina A&T setting the standard for the top mark during the Cronin era.
- UC got 64 of 91 points from Sean Kilpatrick, JaQuon Parker and Cashmere Wright.
- UC converted 17 offensive rebounds into 17 second-chance points.
- Twenty three of UC's points came from the bench.
- UC used a 9-0 run in the first half from the 12:44 mark to the 10:14 mark to lead 27-13.
- UC led by as many as 25, 69-44, with 11:38 left in the game
- Campbell used a 16-4 run over 4:04 to cut UC's lead to 11 at 75-64 with 5:21 left. Twelve of the 16 points came from the Camels' Darren White.
- The Bearcats scored six consecutive points over the next 1:17 to move the lead back to 17, 81-64 with 4:04 remaining.
- UC finished with nine blocks and has seven or more blocks in each game this season for a team total of 38.
- Cashmere Wright knocked down a career best 28 points. He has scored in double digits in each game this season.
- Wright finished with five steals, moving him into fifth place on UC's career chart with 156.
- JaQuon Parker set season highs with 21 points and eight rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick had his second-career double double with 15 points and a career-high tying 10 rebounds. He also added three assists, a block and a steal.
- Justin Jackson finished with four rebounds, three blocks and an assist.
- Cheikh Mbodj tallied four rebounds, two blocks and a steal.
- UC is in the midst of a four-game stretch in the Global Sports Invitational. UC travels to Las Vegas, Nev., to play Iowa State on Nov. 23 at 6:30 p.m., and either Oregon or UNLV on Nov. 24 at 8:30 or 10:30 p.m. Both games in Las Vegas will be played at the Thomas and Mack Center. The UC-Iowa State contest will be televised by CBS Sports Network as will the championship game on Nov. 24.