Nov. 21, 2011
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Nov. 21, 2011
Cincinnati (3-1) 71, Northwestern State (2-3) 43
Game 4 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Att: 4,505
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F)
- Northwestern State: 0 Shamir Davis (G), 1 Demetrice Jacobs (G), 22 Louis Ellis (G), 34 Gary Roberson (F), 42 William Mosley (C)
- Cincinnati: Gates (18 pts., 11 reb.) | Kilpatrick (13 pts.) | Dixon (12 pts., 8-10 FT) | Guyn (10 pts.)
- Northwestern State: Davis (13 pts., 2 ast., 2 stl.) | Hulbin (13 pts.)
- The Bearcats are 297-62 at Fifth Third Arena (23rd season).
- UC is 2-0 all-time against Northwestern State.
- The Bearcats are 5-0 all-time against members of the Southland Conference. McNeese State (1-0), Nicholls State (1-0), Northwestern State (2-0), and Sam Houston State (1-0).
- UC posted seven blocked shots against Northwestern State and have recorded 32 blocks through the first four contests this season (8.0).
- The Bearcats have held the last nine nonconference opponents to 60 or fewer points. The last nonconference opponent to score more than 60 was Utah Valley State in a 92-72 UC win on 12/11/10.
- UC led 31-16 at halftime.
- The Bearcats outscored Northwestern State, 34-14, in the paint and grabbed 44 rebounds to NSU’s 26.
- Eleven of the 12 Bearcats who saw action grabbed at least one rebound.
- UC held Northwestern State to its lowest scoring output since Dec. 31, 2007, an 82-36 loss at Oklahoma State.
- UC is holding opponents to .250 shooting from three-point range through four games (15-of-60).
- UC led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing 49.5 points through four games this season.
- Yancy Gates scored 18 points, moving into 27th place on UC’s all-time scoring list, passing Tom Thacker (1,152 career points). He now has 1,165 career points. He recorded his 15th career double-double with 18 points, 11 rebounds. His 15 career double-doubles are second most by a current BIG EAST player (Herb Pope, Seton Hall, 23). Gates has scored in double figures in 12 of his last 13 games (Providence, 21 points, 2/19/11).
- Freshman Ge’Lawn Guyn scored a career-best 10 points, his first career double-digit scoring contest.
- Dion Dixon scored 12 points and matched career highs with eight free throws made and 10 free throw attempts.
- Sean Kilpatrick tallied 13 points and eight rebounds.
- Justin Jackson tied a career high with three blocked shots. He has 11 blocks through the first four games of the season (2.75 per game).
- Junior college transfer Cheikh Mbodj made his first appearance for the Bearcats after missing the first three games with a right ankle injury. He scored two points with a rebound and a block.
- UC plays host to Marshall on Friday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN 3.