2008-09 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Nov. 24, 2008
2008-09 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Coastal Carolina at Cincinnati fÜ Nov. 24, 2008
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati – 4-0, 0-0 BIG EAST; Coastal Carolina – 0-4, 0-0 Big South
• The Bearcats defeated Coastal Carolina, 82-56, and move to 3-1 all-time vs. the Chanticleers.
• The last time UC opened the season with four victories was during the 2004-05 season when the Bearcats began the season with 11 straight wins.
• The last time UC won four games by 20-plus points also came in the 2004-05 season, with victories over Jackson State (95-43), LaSalle (84-63), Miami (OH) (77-53), and Longwood (95-69).
• UC scored 21 points off turnovers to CCU’s eight, forcing 15 Chanticleer turnovers.
• UC shot 53.2 percent from the floor, its highest field goal percentage since knocking down 34-of-63 shots (54.0%) in a 91-90 victory over Wofford during the 2006-07 season.
• The score was tied at 21 apiece 10 minutes into the game, the first time this season UC has not led at the 10 minute mark of the first half. Sophomore Alvin Mitchell put UC up for the first time against CCU, 24-21, when he landed a 3-pointer with 9:45 on the clock. The Bearcats never trailed after taking that lead.
• UC gave up 37 points in the first half, the most this season. After shooting 70 percent in the first seven minutes, UC forced the Chanticleers to 45 percent over the final 13 minutes of the half and forced CCU to shoot 23.3 percent in the second half.
• The Bearcats opened the second half on a 17-0 run, pushing out to a 62-37 lead with 11:33 to play in the game.
• UC did not allow CCU to score a field goal for the first 11:26 of the second half.
• UC matched its season high in points, scoring 82 points in the win – the same points total reached in UC’s 82-51 victory over Texas Southern.
• After scoring seven points against Western Illinois, Deonta Vaughn scored eight points in the first 11 minutes of the game. He finished the game with a season-high 17 points on 50 percent shooting from the floor. Vaughn connected on a season high 4-triples.
• Sophomore Anthony McClain provided a spark off the bench for the Bearcats, scoring above his season average 18 minutes into the game. He finished the game with a career-high 11 points, swatted a career-high four blocked shots, pulled down seven rebounds (matching a season high), and played a season-high 14 minutes.
• Larry Davis notched a career-high four 3-pointers and finished the game with a season-high 14 points.
• Senior Branden Miller landed his first bucket of the season, becoming the 10th UC player to score against CCU, a feat the Bearcats have accomplished every game this season.
• Sophomore Rashad Bishop netted a season-high nine points and matched his season best with six rebounds.