Nov. 25, 2011
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Nov. 25, 2011
Marshall (5-0) 73, Cincinnati (3-2) 69 Game 5 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Att: 7,021
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F)
- Marshall: 01 Dennis Tinnon (F), 2 Robert Goff (F), 10 Dago Pena (F), 3 Damier Pitts (G), 24 DeAndre Kane (G)
- Cincinnati: Kilpatrick (19 pts., 5 reb.) | Gates (17 pts., 7 rebs.) | Dixon (12 pts.) | Wright (7 pts., 10 ast.)
- Marshall: Pitts (19 pts., 4 ast., 4 rebs.) | Tinnon (15 pts., 14 rebs.) | Kane (12 pts., 2 rebs., 4 ast.)
- The Bearcats are 297-63 at Fifth Third Arena (23rd season).
- UC is 19-12 all-time against Marshall.
- Cincinnati is 6-5 in overtime games under Mick Cronin. UC is 24-16 all-time in overtime games at home.
- Marshall becomes the first nonconference opponent to score 60 or more points since Utah Valley State in a 92-72 UC win on 12/11/10 (nine games).
- UC trailed 30-29 at halftime, its first halftime deficit of the season.
- UC was outrebounded 43-30, including 17 to 11 on the offensive end, the first time it has been outrebounded this season.
- Cincinnati matched its season low with nine turnovers.
- Marshall shot .438 (7-of-16) from three-point range. UC had allowed opponents to shoot just .250 from three-point range through its first four games (15-of-60).
- UC led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing and average of 54.2 points through four games this season.
- Yancy Gates scored 17 points and has now scored in double figures in 13 of his last 14 games (Providence, 21 points, 2/19/11).
- Cashmere Wright dished out a season-high 10 assists, his most since handing out 11 helpers on 2/19/11 at Providence. He matched a career best with four steals (twice, last vs. Utah Valley State, 12/11/10).
- Sean Kilpatrick matched a season high with 19 points (19 vs. Presbyterian, 11/19/11). He shot 3-of-6 from three-point range, his eighth career game with three or more three-pointers.
- Dion Dixon scored 12 points and has scored in double figures in four of the first five games of the season.
- Cheikh Mbodj scored three points, including his first field goal as a Bearcat.
- Cincinnati returns to action on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 7 p.m. against Miami (OH). The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports Ohio from Fifth Third Arena.