Nov. 26, 2007
Box Score |
AP Action Photos
South Carolina Upstate at Cincinnati
Nov. 26, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
- With the 69-57 victory, Cincinnati takes a 1-0 lead in the all-time series.
- The first half went back and forth as Cincinnati and USC Upstate tied four times and traded the lead six times. UC went to the locker room with a 30-25 lead. Cincinnati opened up the second half with the first five points and jumped out to a 10-point lead 47 seconds into the period.
- Trailing 22-20 with five minutes left in the half, the Bearcats went on a 10-3 run to close out the first half with the a five-point lead.
- Sophomore Deonta Vaughn and senior Adam Hrycaniuk each went in to the half with a team-high nine points. Hrycaniuk posted eight of UC's 19 rebounds in the first half. Vaughn finished the night with a game-high 19 points and nine assists.
- Hrycaniuk's 10 rebounds eclipsed his previous career high of seven rebounds set in the season opener vs. Belmont. His 13 points and 10 boards marked the fourth time in six games Hrycaniuk has posted double digits in scoring and the first time he posted double digits in rebounds.
- Just prior to the midpoint of the second half, the Bearcats ran out to a 55-38 lead thanks to 10 straight points. Freshman Larry Davis scored five of his 15 points in the game during the run, netting a 3-pointer and a layup. Davis' 15 points are a new career high, passing his 11 points in the season opener vs. Belmont.
- Tonight's 42.9 percent shooting performance from behind the arc marked the Bearcats' best shooting night from long range this season. The Bearcats connected 9-of-21 treys in the game.
- Cincinnati registered eight turnovers in first half and 13 for the game.
- Freshman Darnell Wilks equaled his career high for points with six. The rookie converted 3-of-5 field goal tries in 20 minutes of play.
- Since inserting Rashad Bishop into the starting line up in the third game, UC is 3-1.
- The Bearcats outrebounded the Spartans by a count of 44-31.