Men's Basketball |
Nov. 29, 2008
Florida State vs. Cincinnati - Nov. 28, 2008
Thomas & Mack Center – Las Vegas, Nev.
• Records: Cincinnati – 4-1, 0-0 BIG EAST; Florida State – 6-0, 0-0 ACC
• The Bearcats lost to Florida State, 58-47; FSU leads the all-time series 22-15.
• Cincinnati’s bench, which averaged 34.5 points per game through the first four games, was held to just nine by Florida State. Alvin Mitchell scored six of the nine points as a reserve.
• UC was held to a season-low 33.3 percent (18-of-54) shooting from the floor and just 15.8 percent (3-of-19) from behind the 3-point line.
• Cincinnati made eight steals vs. the Seminoles and has made at least eight steals in four of its five games. Deonta Vaughn, Larry Davis and Darnell Wilks each had a pair of steals in the game. The two steals for Davis and Wilks equaled their career highs.
• The Bearcats were outrebounded for the first time this season by Florida State, 43-38.
• UC jumped out to an early 15-7 lead on Florida State at the 13:27 mark of the first half as Mike Williams hit his first three shots of the game.
• After FSU built its largest lead to 15 points with 9:18 left in the game, UC went on an 8-0 run over the next two minutes to cut the lead to 46-39. That would be the closest the Bearcats would get the rest of the way.
• Junior guard Deonta Vaughn, the team’s leading scorer a year ago, led the Bearcats in scoring for the second straight game, posting 16 points on 5-of-18 shooting. Vaughn connected on 3-of-10 treys, accounting for all of UC’s 3-pointers.
• Senior forward Mike Williams recorded his first double-double at Cincinnati, scoring 11 points, his most as a Bearcat, and pulling down a career-high 11 rebounds. His previous career best for rebounds (10) came against Texas Pan-American (Nov. 29, 2005) as a member of the Texas Longhorns. Williams also added a career high three assists vs. FSU.
• Sophomore guard Alvin Mitchell was held without a 3-pointer for the first time this season after connecting on 11 of his first 18 attempts (.611) of the year.