Men's Basketball |
Nov. 29, 2008
Cincinnati at UNLV - Nov. 29, 2008
Thomas & Mack Center – Las Vegas, Nev.
• Records: Cincinnati – 5-1, 0-0 BIG EAST; UNLV – 5-2, 0-0 Mountain West.
• The Bearcats defeated UNLV, 67-65; UC leads the all-time series 5-0.
• UC hit 10-of-28 3-pointers, marking the second game this season that the Bearcats have hit 10-plus 3-pointers.
• After scoring just nine bench points vs. Florida State, UC’s bench scored 39 points versus the Runnin’ Rebels, accounting for 58.2 percent of its points.
• The Bearcats outrebounded UNLV, 43-36, and all 10 Bearcat players that played grabbed two or more rebounds.
• Cincinnati held UNLV to 38.6 percent shooting from the floor. UC has held all opponents under 40 percent shooting from the floor this season.
• Nine Cincinnati players played 15-plus minutes in the win.
• After opening up 1-of-5 from the free throw line, Cincinnati finished the game a perfect 6-of-6 from the charity stripe.
• Two free throws by senior Mike Williams with six seconds to play sealed a 67-65 win for Cincinnati over UNLV. Williams scored all four of his points in the final two minutes of action.
• Behind 59-57 with 4:35 to play, two 3-pointers by sophomore Alvin Mitchell followed by a Williams lay-up pushed the Bearcats on top, 65-59, with 1:56 remaining.
• Trailing by one point, 46-45, a 7-0 Bearcat run over a 1:37 stretch put Cincinnati in front, 52-46, with 7:42 to play.
• A freshman Dion Dixon jumper with 12:24 on the clock in the second half pushed UC on top, 42-41, giving the Bearcats their first lead of the second half.
• UNLV entered halftime with a 31-27 lead. In the first half, UNLV outscored UC 22-10 in points in the point.
• A senior Deonta Vaughn 3-pointer with 11:35 to play in the first half gave UC a 13-11 lead, its first lead of the game.
• Cincinnati opened the game 0-for-9 from the floor before a freshman Yancy Gates tip-in at the 15:33 mark snapped a 7-0 UNLV run.
• Gates scored a season-high tying 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field. It is Gates’ third double-figure scoring game of the season.
• Dixon scored a season-high 13 points, including a season-best three 3-pointers, to record his first double-figure scoring game of the season.
• Vaughn scored 16 points, joining Gates as high scorers for UC, which is the third straight game Vaughn has led Cincinnati in scoring. Vaughn connected on 4-of-13 treys.
• Sophomore Larry Davis registered two steals vs. UNLV, giving him two steals in three consecutive games.
• Sophomore Anthony McClain earned the first start of his career.