Nov. 29, 2013
Final Stats |
2013-14 UC MEN’S BASKETBALL
NOV. 29, 2013
FIFTH THIRD ARENA
CINCINNATI (6-0) 95, KENNESAW STATE (3-6) 67
- Head Coach Mick Cronin used the starting lineup of Titus Rubles (F) Shaquille Thomas (F), Justin Jackson (F), Ge'Lawn Guyn (G) and Sean Kilpatrick (G) for the sixth time in six games.
- UC is 45-4 in its last 49 regular-season nonconference home games.
- Since the start of the 2010-11 season, UC is 47-2 when scoring at least 70 points.
- The 20-point halftime lead matched the largest of the season for UC (UMass Lowell).
- UC’s 48 first-half points were the team’s most points scored in any half this season, topping the 47 tallied by the Bearcats against UMass Lowell on Nov. 26, 2013.
- UC’s 95 points were the most scored by the Bearcats since netting 112 against Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 13, 2012.
- The Bearcats set a season best with 20 assists, surpassing the previous mark of 13.
- UC scored 54 of its 95 points in the paint and were +26 on inside scoring (54-28).
- UC converted 20 KSU turnovers into 23 points and turned 20 offensive rebounds into 23 second-chance points.
- UC held KSU without a field goal for a span of 7:39 covering the end of the first half and start of the second, outscoring the Owls 18-6 during that run.
- UC entered the game leading the American Athletic Conference in scoring defense (55.6), ranked second in scoring margin (20.2), rebounds (39.8), blocks (6.8) and turnover margin (+5.2) and third in steals (9.4). UC won by 28 points, tallied 44 rebounds, blocked six shots, were +11 on turnover margin and had 11 steals.
- Cincinnati finished with six blocks in the game, moving the Bearcats’ season total to 40. UC is on pace for 213 blocks which would top the Cronin-era best of 208, set a year ago. The single-season school record for blocks is 226, set during the 2004-05 campaign.
- Sean Kilpatrick had 11 points in the first half and finished with a game-high 20. He has tallied double figures in each of UC’s six games this season.
- Kilpatrick has played in 112 straight games for the Bearcats, moving into a tie for third place on the all-time list with Dwight Jones (1980-83). Kilpatrick has played in every game since the start of his redshirt freshman season. Keith Gregor (131/1993-96) and Jason Maxiel (129/2002-05) rank first and second, respectively.
- Kilpatrick set a season high and tied his career best with six assists (vs. Texas/March 6, 2012).
- Titus Rubles tied a career- and season-high with 14 points. He has matched the feat three times, most recently against NC State on Nov. 12, 2013.
- Jermaine Sanders set a career high with three steals.
- Justin Jackson finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and four blocks. Jackson has had three or more blocks in every game this season and seven straight dating back to last year.
- Shaquille Thomas finished with a season high 11 points.
- Jermaine Lawrence set a career best with 11 points.