Men's Basketball |
Dec. 1, 2010
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
• With the 77-69 win over Wright State, UC now holds a 7-0 lead in the series
• The Bearcats’ 6-0 is their best under head coach Mick Cronin and is the first time UC has won its first six contests of the season since 2004-05.
• After getting behind 8-2 at the 14:05 mark of the first half, UC scored 14 of the next 19 points to take its first leads, 16-13, at 6:42.
• After starting the game 1-of-6 from the field, the Bearcats connected on 13 of their last 20 shots (.650) and finished the half with a 53.8 percent shooting percentage.
• After Wright State cut UC’s lead to six, 46-40, Cincinnati went on a 17-2 run over the next four minutes to run out to a 62-42 lead.
• Wright State is the first team this season to outrebound Cincinnati, grabbing a 28-27 advantage on the glass.
• The Bearcats committed a season-low eight turnovers vs. the Raiders, their fewest miscues since turning it over eight times vs. Rutgers in the first round of last year’s BIG EAST Conference Tournament.
• UC’s 77 points are a new season high.
• Seven of the 10 Bearcats who played in the game made at least two assists, led by Larry David, Wright, and Kilpatrick who each dished out three. As a team UC passed out 18 assists on 28 made shots.
• Redshirt freshman guard Sean Kilpatrick came out of the gates strong for Cincinnati in the first half scoring 15 points. He posted 13 in the first half of his collegiate debut vs. Mount St. Mary’s. He finished the game with a career-high 26 points and has now scored in double figures in three of his first six games at UC.
• Kilpatrick was 5-for-5 from 3-point range for a new career high, eclipsing his three vs. Mount St. Mary’s in the season opener.
• Kilpatrick (26), Dion Dixon (11), Rashad Bishop (10), Yancy Gates (10), and Cashmere Wright (10) all scored in double-figures for UC, marking the first game since Providence on Jan. 30, 2010 that five players scored in double digits in the same game.