Men's Basketball |
Dec. 1, 2012
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | AP Photo Gallery | Photo Gallery
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 58 (7-0), Alabama: 56 (6-1)
December 1, 2012 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cincinnati takes a 2-1 lead in the series against Alabama. Each team had previously won one game, with the Bearcats taking a victory in 2000 and the Crimson Tide winning in 1983.
- UC Starters: Justin Jackson (f), Cheikh Mbodj (c), Cashmere Wright (g), Sean Kilpatrick (g) and JaQuon Parker (g).
- UC has started the same lineup in all seven games this season.
- Senior Cashmere Wright and junior Sean Kilpatrick both recorded their 1,000th points during the game, marking the second time in school history that two teammates have reached the milestone in the same game. Danny Fortson and Darnell Burton each hit the mark in a win over Memphis on Feb. 21, 1996.
- The Bearcats improve to 3-0 while participating in the SEC/BIG EAST Challenge. Cincinnati beat Georgia in 2011 and topped Mississippi State in 2008.
- UC has won 36 of its last 39 nonconference regular-season home games.
- UC is 60-21 vs. regular-season nonconference foes under Cronin, including a 49-8 record in Fifth Third Arena.
- Cincinnati's two made 3-pointers are a season low, and its fewest since making two against Georgetown in the quarterfinal round of the BIG EAST Championship on March 8, 2011.
- Cincinnati scored 16 points off of 16 Alabama turnovers in the game.
- The Bearcats led by as many as 13 in the first half. The Crimson Tide's largest lead was two, which occurred several times in the second half.
- UC led for the entire first half, but the second stanza brought eight lead changes and five ties.
- Alabama went on a 12-2 run mid-way through the first half that ended with a Mbodj dunk with 6:11 remaining before halftime. The Crimson Tide also employed a 9-4 run to open the second half to take their first lead at 38-37.
- The Bearcats held a 33-27 halftime lead and recorded six steals to Alabama's one.
- With his first bucket of the game at the 17:03 mark, Cashmere Wright became the 48th member of the 1,000-point club. He finished the game with eight points for 1,006 career points, putting him at 47th all-time in the Cincinnati record book.
- Sean Kilpatrick also joined the 1,000-point club during the game. He entered the contest with 993 career points and surpassed the 1,000-point plateau with a free throw at the 3:53 mark of the first half. The junior finished the game with 13 points and 1,005 career points to rank him 48th in program history.
- Wright scored the game-winning bucket as time expired to give the Bearcats the victory. He also won a game in the final seconds last season when his layup with six seconds remaining gave UC a 72-70 double overtime win against Georgetown in the quarterfinal of the BIG EAST Championship on March 8, 2011.
- Cheikh Mbodj scored eight points, all in the first half, to tie his season-high for points in a game.
- Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker each scored 13 points to lead UC.
- Justin Jackson recorded a season-high four blocks while Mbdoj tied a season-high with four blocks of his own.
- UC will continue its three-game home stand on Thurs., Dec. 6 when it hosts Arkansas-Little Rock at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Ohio.