Men's Basketball |
Dec. 6, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 87 (8-0), Arkansas-Little Rock: 53 (7-4)
December 6, 2012 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio
- This is the first meeting in series history between the two schools.
- UC Starters: Justin Jackson (f), Cheikh Mbodj (c), Cashmere Wright (g), Sean Kilpatrick (g) and JaQuon Parker (g).
- UC has started the same lineup in all eight games this season.
- UC has won 37 of its last 40 nonconference regular-season home games.
- UC is 61-21 vs. regular-season nonconference foes under Cronin, including a 50-8 record in Fifth Third Arena.
- The Bearcats used a 15-2 run spanning 3:42 to take a 28-10 lead with 6:53 left in the first half. Parker had six points during the run while Kilpatrick contributed five.
- UC outscored UALR 31-9 over the final 10:23 of the first half.
- Cincinnati held the Trojans to just 17 points in the opening half, tying the second fewest allowed all season. (Held North Carolina A&T to 16 and UT Martin to 17.)
- UC forced 32 UALR turnovers, a season high for the home team. The previous high was 20 versus North Carolina A&T on Nov. 18. It also ties a record for forced turnovers under head coach Mick Cronin.
- The Bearcats scored 31 points off of the 32 Trojans turnovers, compared to eight points off of turnovers for UALR.
- The Bearcats had a program-best 23 steals, breaking the record of 20 steals set in both the 1978-79 and 1996-97 seasons.
- Cincinnati went on an 11-0 run midway through the second half to take a 38-point lead at 63-25.
- Junior Sean Kilpatrick scored a game-high 18 points and has scored in double figures in all eight games this season. He moved up to 46th place on the UC career scoring chart at 1,024 points, passing John Howard (1,013 points from 1966-68).
- Senior Cashmere Wright scored eight points and ranks 47th on UC's career scoring chart with 1,014 points. He had three steals Thursday to take sole possession of fourth place on the UC career steals list with 166.
- Junior Justin Jackson registered a career-high four steals in the game. He also tied a career-high with four assists.
- Junior David Nyarsuk had a career-high 12 points.
- Senior Cheikh Mbodj ties his career high with 12 points.
- Ge'Lawn Guyn recorded a career-high three steals.
- The Bearcats will conclude their three-game homestand on Sat., Dec. 8 when they host Maryland Eastern Shore at 2 p.m. The game will be televised by Fox Sports Ohio and can be heard on 700 WLW.