2007-08 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Dec. 9, 2007
Cincinnati at Illinois State
Dec. 8, 2007
Normal, IL - Redbird Arena
· The Redbirds picked up their first win in the series with Cincinnati.
· The Bearcats are now 79-36 against teams currently in the Missouri Valley Conference.
· Senior center Adam Hrycaniuk, forward John Williamson and guard Jamual Warren each scored in double digits vs. Illinois State. For Hrycaniuk, it was his team-high sixth double-digit scoring game of the year, while for Warren, it is his first since rejoining the team after missing the first six games with a hand injury.
· The Bearcats were held under 60 points for the second game in a row, shooting 36.7 percent from the field overall and making just 1-of-15 from 3-points range.
· Down 46-27 with 8:07 left in the game, UC went on a 19-6 run and cut ISU lead to six with just under two minutes to play. That was as close as the Bearcats came in the second half.
· Cincinnati out scored the Redbirds 25-16 over the final eight minutes of the game.
· The Bearcats doubled up Illinois State in scoring in the paint, 36-18.
· UC committed just 12 turnovers in the game.
· In the last two games, UC has 14 steals - one more than its previous four games combined.