2009-10 University of Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Dec. 10, 2009
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Miami (OH) vs. No. 19/19 Cincinnati l Dec. 10, 2009
U.S. Bank Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati, 6-1; Miami (OH), 2-7.
• In the 145th meeting between schools, UC defeated Miami (OH), 63-59, the Bearcats 11th straight win in the series. UC leads the all-time series 92-53.
• Cincinnati improved to 6-0 on the season when outrebounding its opponents. UC outrebounded Miami (OH) 38-29.
• Cincinnati connected on 21-of-32 free throws, while Miami made just 2-of-3 from the charity stripe. The three attempted free throws are the lowest for a UC opponent since Arkansas Pine Bluff attempted three on Dec. 22, 2008. The two free throws made by Miami (OH) are the fewest made free throws since High Point made two on Nov. 12, 2006.
• The Bearcats bench outscored the RedHawks bench 24-11 in the second half with 11 of those points coming from redshirt freshman Cashmere Wright.
• Miami cut the UC lead to two points with 6:13 remaining in the game, but Wright scored six straight points and started a 10-2 run from the 5:55 mark until there were 58 seconds remaining to place UC in front, 57-47 with just under a minute to go.
• A 10-2 Bearcats run over a 3:20 stretch upped UC’s lead to 39-30 with 14:20 to play.
• Cincinnati entered the half with a 24-23 lead. The 24 points are the second-lowest first-half scoring output this season. Cincinnati scored 23 points against Gonzaga on Nov. 25.
• The Bearcats shot 32.1 percent (9-of-28) from the field in the first half, including 0-of-7 from behind the arc.
• A 9-2 Miami run from 9:30 to 8:26 cut the Bearcats lead to two points, 17-15.
• Eight consecutive points by freshman Lance Stephenson over a 3:15 gap capped off an 11-0 Bearcats run giving Cincinnati a 15-6 lead with 10:17 remaining in the first half.
• Stephenson scored 10 straight points for UC from the 13:32 mark to the 8:48 mark in the first half, keeping Cincinnati ahead, 17-12. Stephenson finished with a career-high 17 points and added eight rebounds, three assists, and three steals.
• Redshirt freshman Cashmere Wright tied a career-high with 12 points.
• Sophomore Yancy Gates matched a career high with four blocks. Gates also scored eight points and had four rebounds.
• Senior guard Deonta Vaughn went scoreless on 0-2 shooting for the game. It is the second time in his career that Vaughn has not scored in a game after Vaughn went scoreless against Marquette on Jan. 4, 2009.
• Freshman Jaquon Parker earned his first career start.