Final Stats |
AP Action Photos
CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
- The Bearcats started the game on a 17-2 run that featured eight points by junior guard Dion Dixon. The run lasted 3:03 and ended at the 16:44 mark in the first.
- Cincinnati started the game 5-6 from three-point range.
- UC put up 56 points in the first half, tying the most points scored in one half in the Mick Cronin era (Feb. 4, 2009 vs. Notre Dame).
- Cincinnati shot 55.6 percent (20-36) from field-goal range in the first half. It finished the game at 47.8 percent.
- The Bearcats made 14 three-pointers, the most by Cronin-coached UC team since Nov. 11, 2006 when they made 17 vs. Wofford.
- Seven different Bearcats made a three-point basket.
- All five UC starters scored in double figures. The last time five Bearcats scored 10 or more points in a game was Dec. 1, 2010 vs. Wright State.
- Cincinnati scored 19 second-chance points from 16 offensive rebounds.
- Junior forward Yancy Gates connected on a three-point basket at the 17:18 mark in the first half, the first three he’s made since Dec. 6, 2008 vs. UAB. Gates finished the first half with 12 points and ended the game with 14.
- Senior forward Rashad Bishop went 7-7 shooting, including 3-3 from downtown, scoring 17 points in the first half. The three successful three-point baskets ties Bishop’s single-game career high (last time Jan. 10, 2010 vs. Providence).
- Junior guard Dion Dixon scored 12 points in the first half, including eight during Cincinnati’s 17-2 run that started the game, and finished the game with 15 points.
- Senior forward Darnell Wilks had five steals in the first half, setting a new single-game career high. His previous career high was three on Dec. 22, 2008 vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff.
- Sophomore guard Cashmere Wright went 5-9 from behind the arc and scored 15 points, setting a new single-game career high for threes made.
- Senior forward Ibrahima Thomas posted a double-double, with 11 points and a season-high 12 rebounds. The double-double is the second of Thomas’ UC career (Feb. 13, 2010 at Connecticut – 10 points, 11 rebounds). He posted his first career double-double while at Oklahoma State.
SCORES BY HALF:
- Bearcats went into halftime leading 56-38
- Final score: UC 92, Utah Valley 72