Men's Basketball |
Dec. 12, 2007
Box Score |
Cincinnati at Xavier
Dec. 12, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - Cintas Center
· Cincinnati: 4-5, 0-0 BIG EAST
· Xavier: 8-1, 0-0 A-10
· Cincinnati leads the all-time series 47-28 after tonight's 64-59 loss.
· The Bearcats are now 1-3 at the Cintas Center.
· The home team has won each of the last five games in the series.
· Cincinnati wore its red uniforms for the first time this season.
· After knocking down just one 3-pointer in the last game at Illinois State, UC's Marvin Gentry scored the first points off a three-point basket. UC finished with eight threes, with Larry Davis leading the way with three.
· UC jumped out to a 7-2 run to open game in first three minutes.
· Senior guard Jamual Warren scored a team-high eight points in the first half.
· Sophomore guard Deonta Vaughn was held to one shot in the first half. Vaughn averages 11.4 shots per game. Vaughn finished the game going 3-for-11 and scoring 10 points. It is his first double-digit scoring night since Nov. 26 vs. USC Upstate, three games ago.
· The Bearcats dominated the boards in the first half, outrebounding the Musketeers 26-16, including 12 offensive rebounds. John Williamson had a team-best six in the opening period of play. They finished the game with 43 rebounds, the second-highest total of the season (44 vs. South Carolina-Upstate).
· With the scored tied at 43-43 with 7:55 left in the game, UC went on a 5-0 run in the next minute thanks to a Adam Hrycaniuk lay-up, a Jamual Warren steal on the next possession and a Rashad Bishop 3-pointer.
· Jamual Warren's seven assists tied his career high (at West Virginia, 3/3/07).