2009-10 University of Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Dec. 16, 2009
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
No. 25 Cincinnati at UAB l Dec. 16, 2009
Bartow Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: No. 25 Cincinnati, 6-3; UAB, 9-1.
• A 14-0 run by UAB late in the game opened up a 64-39 lead with 1:21 remaining and the Blazers defeated UC 64-47.
• The 47 points are the Bearcats fewest points in a game since scoring 45 on Dec. 29, 2008, at Memphis.
• Cincinnati’s bench outscored UAB’s 23-4.
• Cincinnati finished 19-of-60 from the field for a .317 shooting percentage, UC’s lowest of the season. The Bearcats also shot .136 (3-of-22) from three, its lowest three-point shooting percentage of the year.
• UC’s .136 shooting percentage from three is its lowest 3-point shooting percentage since shooting .091 (2-of-22) against Connecticut on March 9, 2008.
• UC fell to 0-2 on the season when being outrebounded as the Blazers outrebounded the Bearcats, 47-34.
• A 10-3 run in the first 4:58 of the second half cut Cincinnati’s deficit to eight points, 37-29, with 15:02 to play.
• Cincinnati trailed 34-19 entering the half, its largest halftime deficit of the season.
• The Blazers outrebounded the Bearcats 29-15 in the opening 20 minutes.
• Cincinnati shot just 7-of-26 (.269) from the field in the first half, including 2-of-12 from behind-the-arc.
• UAB went on 15-2 run in the first half from the 11:14 mark to the 6:09 mark, giving the Blazers a 26-10 lead.
• Leading scorer, freshman Lance Stephenson, scored his first two points of the game on a lay-up with 19:10 to play in the second half. Stephenson finished with eight points.
• A senior Deonta Vaughn 3-pointer with 15:02 to play in the second half tied Vaughn with Jason Maxiell for fifth on UC’s all-time scoring list with 1,566 career points. Vaughn finished with seven points and has 1,568 points in his career.
• Sophomore Dion Dixon scored 11 of Cincinnati’s 19 first-half points. Dixon finished a season-high tying 13 points, UC’s only player that scored in double-figures.