Men's Basketball |
Dec. 19, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 60 (11-0), Xavier: 45 (7-3)
December 19, 2012 // US Bank Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 14,528
- Cincinnati now leads the all-time series 49-31. In games played at a neutral site, the Bearcats now hold a 35-18 edge. That number includes a 8-3 advantage in games played at US Bank Arena
- UC Starters: Justin Jackson (f), Cheikh Mbodj (c), Cashmere Wright (g), Sean Kilpatrick (g) and JaQuon Parker (g).
- UC has started the same lineup in all eleven games this season.
- UC is 63-21 vs. regular-season nonconference foes under Cronin.
- The Bearcats are 11-0 for the 10th time in school history and the second time in the last three seasons. The 2010-11 squad opened the season with 15 straight wins.
- The 22 points scored in the first half are the fewest scored by UC in the opening stanza this season. The Bearcats previous low came during their last outing, netting 29 points in the first half against Marshall.
- UC sustained a 5:41 scoring drought in the first half. Xavier out-scored UC 6-0 during the drought.
- The Bearcats faced their largest deficit of the season at the 10:55 mark of the first half, trailing by five points. Prior to the Xavier game, UC hadn't trailed by more than three points this season.
- UC used a 20-4 run that spanned the final 39 seconds of the first half and the opening seven minutes and 12 seconds of the second half to take a 39-28 lead.
- Xavier's 45 points are the second-fewest allowed by UC this season. Only North Carolina A&T (39) scored fewer.
- UC's 60 points this season are the second-fewest scored, topping only the 58 points scored against Alabama.
- Cincinnati has held eight of its last 11 opponents below 40 percent shooting. Xavier shot 37.7 percent from the field.
- UC out-rebounded Xavier 47-37, marking the ninth time this season the Bearcats have finished with an edge in that category. It is the sixth time UC had held a double-digit edge in rebounds.
- Cincinnati limited Xavier to two three-pointers, the fewest scored by an opponent this season. The Musketeers were just 3-for-14 from the free throw line accounting for a 21.4 shooting percentage, also a season-low for opponents.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 18 of his 25 points during the second half, including nine during Cincinnati's 20-4 run. Overall in the second half he went 7-for-15.
- Junior Sean Kilpatrick led the Bearcats with 25 points and has scored in double figures in all 11 games this season. He moved up to 39th place on the UC career scoring chart at 1,085 points, passing Eddie Lee (1,068 points from 1976-79). He is three points from tying James White (2003-06) at 38th on the list.
- Senior Cashmere Wright scored 15 points and ranks 41st on UC's career scoring chart with 1,063 points, passing Don Ogeltree (1,059 points from 1968-70). He had two steals Wednesday and currently ranks fourth on UC's all-time list with 170.
- Wright finished with four assists against Xavier, ranking him 5th on UC's all-time list with 415. He needs 11 to pass Oscar Robertson for fourth place. He has notched at least one assist in all 107 of his career 115 games.
- Kilpatrick tied his career-high in field goals with 10. It marks the third time this season the junior has achieved the feat. The 10 field goals are a team-best mark for any Bearcat this season.
- Kilpatrick also set a new career high in field goal attempts with 27 against Xavier. His previous high was 21 attempts.
- JaQuon Parker had a season-high seven free throws made.
- Wright pulled down a season-best six rebounds. His previous season high was four.
- Cheikh Mbodj tied his season high with four blocks. It marks the fifth time this season the senior has swatted away as many shots.
- Kilpatrick has scored 20 or more points in five games this season. He finished with 25 today and also reached the mark against Maryland Eastern Shore (23), Mississippi Valley State (20), North Carolina A&T (29) and Iowa State (32).
- The Bearcats will return to Fifth Third Arena to host Wright State on Saturday, December 22. The game starts at 4 p.m., and will be televised by Fox Sports Ohio. It also can be heard on 700 WLW.