Men's Basketball |
Dec. 20, 2007
Box Score |
No. 2 Memphis at Cincinnati
Dec. 19, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
· The loss drops Cincinnati's lead in the all-time series to 36-30 and extends Memphis' winning streak to three against the Bearcats.
· UC is now 1-12 all-time vs. teams ranked No. 2 in the Associated Press poll.
· The Bearcats ended the first half on a 13-2 run that cut Memphis' lead from 12 to one. Senior guard Jamual Warren scored the final bucket of the first half on a 3-pointer as time elapsed, making the score 33-32.
· Senior center Adam Hrycaniuk led UC in first-half scoring with eight points. Guard Jamual Warren and Deonta Vaughn each added six points of their own. The Bearcats outscored Memphis 16-4 in the paint in the first period.
· Cincinnati out rebounded the Tigers 18-12 in the first half, led by freshman Rashad Bishop's five. The Bearcats finished the game out rebounding Memphis, 33-32. The Tigers had been averaging 40.5 boards per game.
· Hrycaniuk scored 13 points and Vaughn scored 20 for their team-best seventh double-digit performances. For Hrycaniuk it is his fourth in the last five games and second straight for Vaughn.
· Down 67-53 with 6:14 to play, the Bearcats went on a 9-1 run, helped by five points from Vaughn. The run cut Memphis' lead to six with 3:56 remaining in the game.
· Vaughn scored 14 of his team-high 20 points in second half to keep the Bearcats close. He also added five rebounds, three assists and two steals on the night.
· After committing 10 first-half turnovers, Cincinnati turned the ball over just six times in the second half.