Dec. 23, 2010
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
St. Francis (Pa.) at Cincinnati (Ohio)
Fifth Third Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
• Cincinnati quickly jumped out to a 10-5 lead within the first 3:22 of the game.
• UC entered its regular group of starts at the 14:13 mark while ahead 13-6. Starting at the 14:00 mark, the group went on a 15-2 run lasting 3:16 until the 10:44 mark to increase Cincinnati's lead to 28-8.
• The Bearcats went on a 13-2 run starting at the 4:45 mark in the first half that lasted 3:54 and increased their lead to 47-19. The run featured eight points from Sean Kilpatrick.
• UC shot 9-for-12 from three-point range in the first half.
• Cincinnati went on an 11-0 run starting at the 11:09 mark in the second half. The run featured six points by Yancy Gates, lasted 1:54 and increased UC's lead to 73-42.
• Cincinnati's bench outscored St. Francis' backups 45-10.
• UC outscored St. Francis in the paint 44-14 and scored 36 points off 22 SFU turnovers.
• Redshirt freshman guard Sean Kilpatrick led the Bearcats with 14 points in the first half, and finished the game with a game-high 21 points.
• Kilpatrick was followed by senior guard Larry Davis, who had nine points in the first 20 minutes, and finished the game with season-highs of 18 points and four assists. His four three-pointers made (on seven attempts) is also a season high. • Sophomore guard JaQuon Parker dished out a career-high six assists and grabbed a season-high eight rebounds.
• Junior forward Yancy Gates scored 18 points, shot 8-for-10 on field goals, and grabbed six rebounds.
• G JaQuon Parker, G Larry Davis, F Sean Kilpatrick, F Darnell Wilks, F Anthony McClain
• First start for this group.
• It was Davis' 36th career start, Parker's ninth, Wilks' and McClain's fourth and Kilpatrick's first.
SCORES BY HALF:
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 47-21
• Final score: UC 94, St. Francis (Pa.) 58