Men's Basketball |
Dec. 30, 2007
Box Score |
AP Action Photos
Miami at Cincinnati
December 29, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Fifth Third Arena
· UC owns a 91-52 lead in the all-time series and has won the last 10 meetings. Following tonight's 56-50 victory.
· Cincinnati moves to 8-2 vs. Miami in U.S. Bank Arena
· Cincinnati's six-point halftime lead marks the first time since the USC Upstate game on Nov. 26 that UC held the advantage at the break. The Bearcats are 5-1 when leading at the half.
· Sophomore Deonta Vaughn lead UC with eight first-half points on 3-of-4 shooting.
· Anthony McClain, who played seven minutes in UC's last three games, played nine in the first half at Miami and posted six points, three rebounds and a block in the opening stanza. McClain ended the game with career-highs for points (10) and minutes (19) and equaled his career highs for rebounds (7) and blocked shots (3).
· The Bearcats held Miami's leading scorer Michael Bramos, who was averaging 17.7 point per game, to just two points on 1-of-11 shooting.
· With the score 38-38 and just over six minutes to play, senior Jamual Warren scored the next eight points, including a pair of back-o-back threes, to help the Bearcats claim the win.
· After 35 fouls in the last game at North Carolina State where UC put the Wolfpack at the line 50 times, Cincinnati committed just 16 fouls and allowed Miami just nine trips to the charity stripe where the RedHawks went 4-for-9.
· Three players scored in double figures for UC - Deonta Vaughn with 17, Jamual Warren with 13, and Anthony McClain with 10.
· Cincinnati held Miami to 40.7 percent (22-of-45) shooting in the game, the lowest percentage by an opponent since limiting USC Upstate to 36.2 percent on Nov. 26.
· The Bearcats attempted a season-low 13 3-point field goal attempts vs. Miami.
· UC won the rebounding margin vs. Miami, 37-30, and has out rebounded nine of its 12 opponents this season, including its last four straight.