Dec. 31, 2010
Box Score |
CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Seton Hall at Cincinnati (Ohio) -- Dec. 31, 2010
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• After falling behind 24-22, the Bearcats went on an 11-1 run starting at the 6:13 mark of the first half that featured five points from Sean Kilpatrick and lasted until the 1:45 mark.
• The Bearcats outscored the Pirates in the paint 16-8 in the first half and scored 10 second-chance points compared to six for SHU.
• UC outrebounded Seton Hall 20-11 in the first half, including 6-2 on the offensive glass.
• Beginning at the 8:37 mark of the first half, the Cincinnati defense held Seton Hall 11:52 between made field goal attempts. During that span, the scored changed from 22-20 to 39-31 in favor of UC.
• Starting at the 8:55 mark of the second half, the Bearcats went on a 14-5 scoring run that increased their lead to 61-46.
• With the win, Cincinnati moves to 14-0 on the season. It's the first time since the 1998-99 season UC has won more than 14 games to start the year, when it began the year winning its first 15 games.
• It's the first time UC has won 14 or more games in a row since it won 20 consecutive games from Nov. 20, 2001 to Jan. 29, 2002.
• Senior forwards Rashad Bishop and Darnell Wilks each scored a team-high eight points in the first half and shot a combined 7-for-12 from the field in the game’s first 20 minutes.
• Junior guard Dion Dixon dished out four assists in the first half and finished the game with six, setting a new career high for dimes in a game.
• Before fouling out, senior forward Ibrahima Thomas nearly recorded his third double-double of the season, posting 12 points and nine rebounds.
• G Cashmere Wright, G Dion Dixon, F Rashad Bishop, F Ibrahima Thomas, F Yancy Gates
• 12th start of the season for this group.
SCORES BY HALF:
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 35-29
• UC has not trailed at halftime this season.
• Final score: UC 70, DePaul 53