Jan. 14, 2011
Complete Release in PDF Format
Game 18: CINCINNATI at Syracuse
Saturday, Jan. 15 -- 12pm (EST) -- Carrier Dome (34,616) -- Syracuse, N.Y. -- TV: BEN/WKRC (CBS) -- Radio: 700 WLW
- Wednesday at Madison Square Garden, SU beat St. John's 76-59. Forward Kris Joseph scored 18 points on 8-of-11 shooting in the win at St. John's.
- The win was the 1,800th victory in program history, good for fifth on the all-time Division I list. Coach Jim Boeheim has led the Orange to 856 of those wins.
- Syracuse's 17-0 start is the team's best since the 1999- 2000 Orange won its first 19 games.
- Syracuse leads the BIG EAST in field goal defense (.372).
- Syracuse is 5-2 against Cincinnati and has won four of the last five against the Bearcats.
LAST TIME VS SYRACUSE:
- Syracuse 71, UC 54: Feb. 7, 2010 Fifth Third Arena Cincinnati, Ohio
- Final: Syracuse shot 60 percent from the field in the second half to take down the Bearcats, 71-54.
- Defining Moment: The Orange closed out the game with a 28-5 run over the final 12:12 to close out the win.
- Key Stats: .Syracuse shot 60.0 percent from the field in the second half compared to 39.1 percent in the second-half for Cincinnati.
- SU's bench also outscored UC's, 28-11.
- Performance Leaders: Ibrahima Thomas - 13 pts., 7 reb.; Lance Stephenson - 10 pts., 8 reb.; Yancy Gates - 11 pts., 5 off. reb.