Jan. 19, 2011
Complete Release in PDF Format
Game 19: CINCINNATI at NOTRE DAME
Wednesday, Jan. 19 -- 7pm (EST) -- Joyce Center (9,149) -- Notre Dame, Ind. -- TV: ESPN 2 -- Radio: 700 WLW
SCOUTING NOTRE DAME:
- On Sunday Notre Dame lost to St. John's, 72-54. Ben Hansbrough led the Irish with 18 points. The Irish were held to a season-low 54 points against St. John's. Notre Dame had just four field goals in the first half.
- Notre Dame has scored less than 60 points in its four losses this season. The Irish are 2-4 when scoring fewer than 60 points.
- Notre Dame is 11-0 at home and 3-4 away from Purcell Pavilion.
- Forward Carleton Scott (11.9 ppg) has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury.
- Notre Dame is 20-6 in its last 26 games.
- Notre Dame is 6-3 all-time against Cincinnati and is 3-2 in BIG EAST games against the Bearcats. The teams split a pair of games last year with each winning on its home court.
LAST TIME VS NOTRE DAME:
- Notre Dame 83, UC 65: Feb. 4, 2010........... Joyce Center Notre Dame, Ind.
- Final: Notre Dame shot 54 percent from the field in the second half and went on to defeat Cincinnati, 83-65.
- Defining Moment: A 12-2 Irish run from the 10:54 mark of the second half to the 6:38 mark opened up a 20-point lead for Notre Dame, 68-48.
- Key Stats: ND outrebounded UC 41-32 and the Bearcats fell to 2-4 on the season when they are outrebounded by its opponent.
- Performance Leaders: Larry Davis - 12 pts., 4-of-8 3-pointers; Deonta Vaughn - 11 pts., 6 ast.; Yancy Gates - 10 pts., 6 reb.; Rashad Bishop - 8 pts., 6 reb., 2 ast.