Dec. 21, 2010
Complete Release in PDF Format
Game 11: CINCINNATI AT Miami (OH)
Tuesday, Dec. 21 -- 7 p.m. (EST) -- Millett Hall (6,400) -- Oxford, Ohio
TV: Sports Time Ohio -- Radio: 700 WLW -- Streaming Video: ESPN3.com
- Junior forward Julian Mavunga has been Miami's leading scorer in six of the RedHawks' 11 games this season. Over Miami's last five games, Mavunga has led Miami in scoring with a career-high 24 points against Xavier, 18 points at Dayton, 17 points vs. Saginaw Valley, 16 points to tie Orlando Williams for the team lead in scoring against Troy and 17 points to lead all scorers at Wright State. Earlier in the season he led the RedHawks in scoring against IUPUI with 17 points.
- Twice in the last five games Miami has had at least four players score in double figures in a single game. For the first time since Jan. 20, 2009 against Bowling Green, Miami had five players score in double figures against Troy (Dec. 11).
THE SERIES VS. MIAMI:
- The match-up is the 147th time Cincinnati has played Miami. The Bearcats have won the last 11 games. The Bearcats leads the series 93-53 but in Oxford Miami leads 35-30.
- The last time UC played at Miami was 2/1/1993. The Bearcats won in overtime 74-68. Nick Van Exel lead the team with 23 points.
- Miami's last win in the series came in Millett Hall on Dec. 1, 1990, 72-64.
LAST TIME ON THE ROAD:
- Dion Dixon and Cashmere Wright scored 12 points each as Cincinnati kept its perfect season intact by defeating Oklahoma 66-56 Saturday at the All- College Classic.
- Yancy Gates won the Hank Iba MVP award (2nd game). He finished with 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting and led the Bearcats with seven rebounds.
- Cincinnati's defense pestered the Sooners guards throughout the game, leading to 13 Oklahoma turnovers.