Dec. 22, 2010
Complete Release in PDF Format
Game 12: CINCINNATI VS. ST. FRANCIS (PA)
Thursday, Dec. 23 -- 7pm (EST) -- Fifth Third Arena (13,176) -- Cincinnati, OH -- TV: Fox Sports Ohio -- Radio: 700 WLW
SCOUTING ST. FRANCIS:
- As one of the youngest Division I teams in the country, Saint Francis may be suffering through some growing pains as head coach Don Friday is in the midst of a rebuilding process. With just 11 total years of Division I experience on the roster heading into 2010-11, most of SFU's minutes are being played by student-athletes with less than two years of experience. The five Red Flash sophomores have accounted for 62.1 percent (1367 of 2200) of the minutes played so far this season. Add in the six newcomers who have seen action, including junior transfer Jon Taylor, and 79.5 percent of the minutes played are being contributed by first or second-year Division I players.
- Saint Francis has struggled in protecting the ball this season. The Red Flash have 119 turnovers in the past seven games (17.0 tpg), and have 178 on the season.
- Despite being out-rebounded in their last four games, the Red Flash have seen a significant improvment on the boards this season. Sophomore forward Will Felder leads the team with 7.4 rpg, which ranks fifth in the Northeast Conference. As a team, Saint Francis ranks sixth with 33.9 offensive rpg, third with 34.9 defensive rpg, and fourth with a -1.0 rebounding margin. During the 2009-10 season, the Red Flash finished 11th in offensive rebounds (30.7 orpg), 4th in defensive rebounds (34.0 drpg), and 10th in rebounding margin (-3.3).
THE SERIES VS. ST. FRANCIS:
- The match-up is the third time Cincinnati has played St. Francis (PA). The Bearcats have won all two games.
- The Bearcats leads the series 2-0. ff The last time UC played St Francis (PA) was 12/17/1990.
- The Beracts won 79-68. Herb Jones lead the team with 25 points and eight rebounds. ff The Bearcats other victory came in a 96-91 overtime contest against St Francis on 3/19/1955, in the thirdplace game of the National Invitation Tournament.