Dec. 27, 2010
Complete Release in PDF Format
Game 13: DEPAUL at CINCINNATI
Tuesday, Dec. 28 -- 7pm (EST) -- Fifth Third Arena (13,176) -- Cincinnati, Ohio -- TV: ESPN3.com -- Radio: 700 WLW
- Wednesday's win over Florida Atlantic gave coach Oliver Purnell 400 victories for his career. In 23 seasons, his all-time record is 400-285. An NCAA Division I head coach at Radford (1988-91), Old Dominion (1991-94), Dayton (1994-03), Clemson (2003-10) and DePaul (first season), he has recorded a milestone win at each stop of his coaching career with his first victory at Radford, his 100th win at Old Dominion, his 200th victory at Dayton and win No. 300 was with Clemson.
- DePaul's five wins in December are the most since a 7-1 mark in December of the 2006-07 season. The Blue Demons are on a three-game winning streak.
- Two of the team's top three scorers are freshmen. Guard Brandon Young is first, averaging 13.4 ppg. Forward Cleveland Melvin, who had 23 points against FAU, is third at 10.4.
THE SERIES VS. DEPAUL:
- The match-up will be the 47th time Cincinnati has played DePaul with the Bearcats leading the series 31-15.
- The last time UC played DePaul was on 2/24/2010, with the Beracts winning 74-69. Yancy Gates led the team with 23 points. After DePaul cut the lead to 59-56 with 6:14 left in the game, the Bearcats rallied with a 6-0 run that included a jumper and dunk from Gates and a jumper by Lance Stephenson to push the lead back to nine with three minutes left.