Dec. 30, 2010
Game 14: SETON HALL at CINCINNATI
Thursday, Dec. 31 -- 8pm (EST) -- Fifth Third Arena (13,176) -- Cincinnati, Ohio -- TV: ESPN2 -- Radio: 700 WLW
SCOUTING THE PIRATES:
- Five players scored in double-fi gures as the Pirates picked up a 64-55 victory over USF in its BIG EAST opener on Dec. 28. The Pirates were led by senior Jeff Robinson, who scored a game-high 15 points. Although there were 10 ties in the first half, there were none in the second as the Pirates expanded their two-point halftime lead into a nine-point victory. Seton Hall out-shot, out-rebounded and forced more turnovers than USF.
- Junior Herb Pope posted his second double-double of the season with 12 points and 13 rebounds vs. USF on Dec. 28. It marked the fourth time in five games that he has pulled down double-digit rebounds. Currently, he’s averaging 8.8 rebounds per game, fourth-best in the BIG EAST.
THE SERIES VS. SETON HALL:
- The match-up will be the 12th time Cincinnati has played Seton Hall.
- The Pirates leads the series 6-5.
- The last time UC played Seton Hall was last season on 1/9/2010. Cincinnati lost an early 12-point lead in the first half to Seton Hall and fell to the Pirates, 83-76. Seton Hall forced Cincinnati into a seasonhigh tying 18 turnovers, while only committing seven and outscored the Bearcats, 24-12 on points off turnovers.