Sept. 10, 2011
Final Stats |
CINCINNATI AT TENNESSEE
Knoxville, Tenn - Neyland Stadium (94,207)
• UC moved to +6 on the turnover margin with DB Dominique Battle's forced fumble and LB Ben Pooler's recovery in the first quarter. The Bearcats moved to +7 in the fourth quarter after DE Walter Stewart forced a fumble and DT Derek Wolfe recovered.
• Saturday's attendance was 94,207, marking the largest crowd UC has played in front of since playing in front of 84.476 at Oklahoma on Sept. 6, 2008.
• Dominique Battle started at defensive back instead of Deven Drane. It was Battle's first appearance of the 2011 season and his first start since suffering a season-ending knee injury against Oklahoma on Sept. 25, 2010.
• RB Isaiah Pead had a 65-yard touchdown run on UC's first offensive drive. It was the second straight game Pead has scored on UC's first drive and his longest run from scrimmage of the season.
• Pead carried five times in the first quarter for 104 yards and a touchdown, an average of 20.8 yards per carry.
• It was Pead's sixth career 100-plus yard rushing game and his first of the season. He last rushed for 100 or more yards when he tallied 213 yards on 31 carries against Rutgers on Nov. 20, 2010.
• QB Zach Collaros completed his first six passes of the game.
• Collaros completed a 13-yard touchdown pass to TE Adrien Robinson. It was Robinson's third career touchdown, the first TD for a UC tight end in 2011 and Robinson's first TD since the Oklahoma game on Sept. 25, 2010.
• Battle forced a fumble with 3:33 left in the first quarter which was recovered by LB Ben Pooler.
• K Tony Miliano made a 23-yard field goal with 7:09 left in the third quarter, the second made field goal of his career.
• WR DJ Woods had a 46-yard reception in the second quarter, his longest of the season.
• Woods tallied nine catches for 111 yards, the fifth 100-yard receiving game of his career.
• WR Kenbrell Thompkins had a 24-yard reception in the third quarter on a nice sideline grab. It was the longest reception of his career. He had a career-best four catches for a career high 58 yards.
• DE Walter Stewart had a forced fumble with 9:57 left in the game. DT Derek Wolfe recovered.
• DB Camerron Cheatham had a career high nine tackles.
• WR Anthony McClung had a six-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter, his third touchdown of the year.
The City of Knoxville renamed Union Square Park in honor of the late Paul Hogue, a former UC basketball standout, Saturday morning ... Hogue, a Knoxville native who helped Cincinnati to two NCAA basketball championships, died in 2009 at the age of 69 ... UC's game captains were: QB Zach Collaros, LB JK Schaffer, WR Kenbrell Thompkins and DL John Hughes ... OL Evan Davis carried the City of Cincinnati flag out of the tunnel ... Thompkins and Tennessee QB Chris Simms were teammates at El Camino CC ... Both were in the center of the field for today's coin toss.