Sept. 17, 2010
Final Stats |
Cincinnati 19, NC State 30
Sept. 16, 2010 – Carter-Finley Stadium – Raleigh, N.C.
· Cincinnati Game Captains: Armon Binns (WR), Drew Frey (DB), Collin McCafferty (LB).
· UC’s game tonight was its third in 12 days. The Bearcats will now have eight days to prepare for the University of Oklahoma (Sept. 25).
· NC State was the first UC opponent in 2010 to score first. UC had tallied the first score in its two previous games.
· UC’s forced fumble and recovery with three minutes left in the third quarter was the team’s third turnover of the season.
· UC failed to score in the first quarter for the first time this season. UC had been outscoring its opponents 10-0 in the opening stanza in 2010.
· UC recovered a pair of fumbles in the first half, the first time the Bearcats had two or more fumble recoveries in a game since recovering a pair against West Virginia on Nov. 17, 2007.
· The 68-yard touchdown pass from QB Zach Collaros to WR DJ Woods was UC’s longest play from scrimmage in 2010, the longest pass play of 2010 for the Bearcats, and UC’s longest completion since a 68-yard pass from Tony Pike to Armon Binns at Pittsburgh on Dec. 5, 2009.
· UC is 1-2 in its first three games, the lowest win total since the 2006 season when the Bearcats started 1-3.
· UC is 8-30 all-time against ACC schools and 0-1 vs. NC State.
· The last time UC lost back-to-back games was during the 2006 season (three straight losses).
· UC will next face Oklahoma on Sept. 25, 2010 at Paul Brown Stadium. Game time will be announced on Sunday, Sept. 19.
· RB Darrin Williams made his second-straight start at running back in place of Isaiah Pead. Pead played in the game but did not start due to swelling in his knee.
· Patrick O’Donnell uncorked a 58-yard punt with 7:51 left in the first quarter, a career long for the sophomore. His previous best was 51 yards, set in the season opener at Fresno State (Sept. 4, 2010). It was the longest punt for a UC player since Kevin Huber’s boot of 58 yards in the 2009 Orange Bowl.
· O’Donnell averaged 40.5 yards on six punts tonight with two inside the 20 and a third that just rolled over the goal line for a touchback.
· Maalik Bomar forced a fumble on the 1-yard line with 3:00 left in the first quarter that was recovered by Wes Richardson, giving the Bearcats possession. It was Bomar’s first-career forced fumble and Richardson’s first-career fumble recovery.
· Richardson recorded his second-career fumble recovery with 13:16 left in the second quarter.
· Dan Giordano recorded his second sack of the season with 8:16 left in the second quarter.
· WR Armon Binns had six receptions for a season-high 95 yards. He has caught a pass in 16 straight games.
· The 68-yard touchdown pass from QB Zach Collaros to WR DJ Woods was the longest reception of Woods’ career, Woods second touchdown of the season, and Collaros’ fourth passing TD of the season.
· Woods finished the night with six receptions for a career-high 146 yards and two touchdowns
· It was his second-career 100-yard receiving contest. Woods’ previous career-best was 117 receiving yards at Oregon State on Sept. 19, 2009.
· Collaros finished the game 19-of-31 for 310 yards and three touchdowns. He also rushed 22 times for 30 yards and was sacked five times.
· WR Marcus Barnett had a season-high five catches for 61 yards and his first TD of the season.
· JK Schaffer set a career high with 16 tackles on the night, his third career game with double digit tackles.
· Maalik Bomar (8), Wesley Richardson (7), and John Hughes (5) all set career highs for tackles on the evening.