Oct. 1, 2011
Final Stats |
CINCINNATI 27, MIAMI (OH) 0
OXFORD, OHIO - YAGER STADIUM (94,207)
- UC Captains: #12 Zach Collaros, #21 Camerron Cheatham, #37 JK Schaffer, #72 Evan Davis.
- UC was held scoreless in the first quarter for the first time this season. The Bearcats are outscoring their opponents by a 62-14 margin in the first 15 minutes.
- UC has held its opponent scoreless in the first quarter in four of five games this season.
- UC's six points in the first half was its lowest output of the season. The Bearcats had been averaging 32.0 ppg in the first half in 2011. UC has outscored its opponents 128-35 in the first half of games this season.
- UC's 21 points in the third quarter was a season best, eclipsing the 17 points in the third quarter scored against NC State.
- UC held Miami to -3 rushing yards on the day. Dating back to the NC State game (Sept. 22), the Bearcats have held their last two opponents to -29 rushing yards over a span of eight quarters.
- UC, who entered the game leading the nation with a +14 turnover margin, turned the ball over three times in the first half and had no takeaways.
- UC returned a fumbled punt snap for a touchdown, its NCAA-leading 17th takeaway of the season and the fourth defensive touchdown of the season.
- UC added its 18th takeaway and ninth interceptions of the campaign after Deven Drane picked off a Dysert pass in the fourth quarter.
- UC is +12 on the season in turnover margin.
- The defense finished with 11.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks.
- On the opening drive of the third quarter, MU had a 66-yard pass play from Zac Dysert to Nick Harwell which put the ball on the UC one-yard line. The Bearcats defense held and MU missed a 34-yard field goal attempt.
- A 72-yard completion from QB Zach Collaros to TE Adrien Robinson was the Bearcats longest play of the season.
- RB Isaiah Pead ran a 3-yard TD into the end zone on the next play to give the Bearcats a 13-0 lead.
- The 27-0 decision marked UC's first shutout since a 31-0 win over Eastern Kentucky on Sept. 2, 2006. It's the first UC shutout in the Miami series since Sept. 25, 1976 (UC W, 17-0) and the first UC shutout of Miami in Oxford since 1898.
- DB Arryn Chenault made his first career start at strong safety.
- QB Zach Collaros was 8-of-17 for 82 yards a touchdown and an interception. He was 8-of-13 for 169 yards in the second half. He finished 16-of-30 for 251 yards, one TD and one INT.
- Collaros rushed eight times for 66 yards in the first half and finished with a season-high 89 yards on the ground.
- His 72-yard toss to TE Adrien Robinson was the Bearcats longest passing play and longest play from scrimmage this season.
- RB Isaiah Pead rushed 18 times for 49 yards and two touchdowns.
- Pead had a 3-yard TD scamper in the third quarter, his sixth rushing TD of the year. He has had a rushing TD in each of UC's five games this season.
- TE Travis Kelce got UC on the board with a 30-yard touchdown strike from Collaros with 6:08 left in the second quarter. It was his first career touchdown reception and his third career touchdown (2 rushing TDs in 2009.
- K Tony Miliano missed his first extra point attempt of the game, snapping a streak of 21 straight PATs made.
- DT Derek Wolfe had a season high six tackles in the game.
- TE Adrien Robinson had a career-long 72-yard reception in the third quarter that set up UC's second TD. Robinson caught the ball one handed around his shoelaces.
- LB JK Schaffer recovered a fumbled Miami punt snap and returned it 17 yards for the touchdown. It was the first touchdown of his career.
- Schaffer led the defense with seven stops, 2.5 tackles for a loss, a forced fumble and half sack.
- DB Deven Drane had his second career interception in the fourth quarter. He returned it for 43 yards, a career-best interception return.
- DE Dan Giordano had a pair of sacks on the afternoon along with two tackles.
- WR Kenbrell Thompkins had five catches for 73 yards to lead the Bearcats.
- LB Greg Blair made his first on-field appearance for UC.