Oct. 11, 2008
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- Final score: Cincinnati (5-1, 1-0 BIG EAST) 13, Rutgers 10 (1-5, 0-2 BIG EAST)
- Cincinnati Captains: Marcus Waugh (35), Delbert Ferguson (3). Rutgers: Kevin Malast (34), Tiquan Underwood (7), Courtney Green (36), Pete Tverdov (97)
- Cincinnati won the toss and elected to receive. Rutgers defended the south end zone.
- With the win UC is 2-2 all-time in BIG EAST openers.
- The Bearcats finished the first half with a 210-63 advantage in total yards. UC held Rutgers to 63 yards in the half, a season low for an opponent (UC held Eastern Kentucky to 74 total yards in the first half of the first game of the 2008 season) and the Bearcats held Rutgers to two rushing yards and two first downs in the half.
- UC’s 13 points in a game was its fewest points since Sept. 23, 2006 when the Bearcats lost, 29-13, at No. 11 Virginia Tech.
- It was UC's fewest points in a win since a 7-3 victory over Western Carolina on Sept. 17, 2005.
- UC did not record a passing touchdown for the first time this season and the first time since UC’s 24-17 loss at Pitt last year (Oct. 20, 2007).
- The Bearcats did not force a turnover in the game, snapping a 19-game streak of forcing a turnover.
- Attendance: 32,370 – sixth largest crowd in UC history at Nippert Stadium.
- Kevin Huber finished the game with a career high nine punts, including a career best 64-yard punt. He tallied a career high 418 punting yards and landed 6-of-9 punts inside 20 yards, also a career high.
- Connor Barwin recorded two sacks in the game, the first time he’s had two sacks in one game. Barwin leads the team with six sacks in 2008.
- Chazz Anderson had his second rushing touchdown in as many games with an 8-yard rush in the second quarter, giving UC a 10-0 lead. Anderson finished the game with 239 passing yards in his second career start at quarterback and recorded a career long 27-yard pass.
- D.J. Woods finished the game with a career high in receiving yards (67), receptions (4), and career long (24-yards). Woods had four total receptions on the season coming in to the game.
- Jake Rogers kicked a 19-yard field goal in the first quarter marking the fourth straight game he connected on a field goal. He landed a 50-yard field goal in the third quarter which ties Eric Richards (vs. Southern Miss., 1997) and Phil Insalaco (vs. Miami (OH) 1988) for the sixth-longest field goal in UC history and is a season long for Rogers.
- Marcus Barnett had a season long 27-yard reception, surpassing his previous season long of 24 set against Eastern Kentucky. He recorded a season high 79 receiving yards.
- Lamonte Nelms recorded his third sack of the season.
- Mike Mickens knocked down a pass with less than two minutes to play, recording his team-leading seventh pass breakup of the year.
- Jacob Ramsey finished with 85 yards on 14 carries including a five-carry, 48-yard tally in the fourth quarter.