Oct. 15, 2010
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
2010 UC FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati 35, Louisville 27
Oct. 15, 2010 - Papa John's Cardinal Stadium - Louisville, Ky.
- Cincinnati Game Captains: Off. - Jason Kelce (OL), Def. - John Hughes (DL), ST - John Goebel (RB).
- With its first-quarter touchdown, UC has scored first in five of six games this season.
- The UofL touchdown with 6:12 left in the first quarter was the first offense touchdown surrendered by the UC defense in five quarters.
- UofL's Bilal Powell has 119 yards in the first quarter, the first 100-yard rusher against UC since Pittsburgh's Dion Lewis ran for 194 yards on Dec. 4, 2009.
- UC ran for 115 yards in the first half, giving the Bearcats at least 100 yards rushing in three consecutive games and four out of six in 2010.
- UC's 14-play, 6:13 scoring drive in the third quarter was its longest of the season in terms of both plays and time.
- UC has won 13-straight BIG EAST Conference games, dating back to 2008.
- UC was 6-for-9 on third-down conversions and 2-for-2 in the red zone.
- UC retained the Keg of Nails for the third-straight year.
- UC has won three straight games against Louisville for the first time since taking four-in-a-row from the Cardinals from 1984-87.
- The Bearcats lead the all-time series with the Cardinals 28-21-1 and 13-9-1 in Louisville.
- OL Sean Hooey made his first career start at RT in place of the injured Alex Hoffman (knee).
- Chris Williams started at FS in place of an injured Wesley Richardson (ankle). Williams has started at both safety and nickel back this season.
- Brandon Mills had his first sack of the season on the opening play of the game.
- UC's second offense play from scrimmage was a 47-yard touchdown pass from Zach Collaros to D.J. Woods.
- Woods added his second touchdown of the game on a 14-yard strike over the middle from Collaros in the third quarter.
- He has six touchdown reception on the season for Woods and 10 for his career. It's his second multiple touchdown game of the season.
- Collaros has thrown a touchdown pass on the second play from scrimmage in each of the last two games.
- Collaros completed a 10-yard touchdown pass to Armon Binns with 2:25 left in the first quarter. It was Binns' fifth touchdown of the season and the 16th of his career. It was the 11th TD from Collaros to Binns in their careers. Binns has a reception in each of the last 19 games.
- Binns added a 62-yard TD from Collaros in the fourth quarter, giving him a career-best three touchdowns in the game.
- Binns' 18 career receiving touchdowns place him in fourth on the UC career chart. He ranks behind Mardy Gilyard (25), Dominick Goodman (22), and Jim O'Brien (21).
- Binns finished with a career best eight catches for a career high 175 yards, his second-straight 100-yard receiving game.
- Collaros has thrown for multiple touchdowns in five straight games.
- His five touchdown passes was a career high, besting his previous mark of four against Syracuse on Oct. 31, 2009. That ties for the second-best effort all-time in UC history with Gino Guidugli (vs. Southern Miss, 2004) and ranks behind Tony Pike (vs. Illinois, 2009).
- He finished 18-of-28 for 275 yards and a pair of interceptions.
- Isaiah Pead ran for 116 yards on 12 carries in the first half. It marked his third-straight game going over 100 yards and his second consecutive rushing for 100 or more yards in the opening half.
- He finished with 145 yards on 21 carries.
- He has rushed for 511 yards over the last three games after missing the better part of two games (Indiana State, NC State) with a knee injury.
- Reuben Johnson set a career high with 11 tackles.
- Walter Stewart had a season high nine stops and a season best 2.0 tackles for a loss.
- Anthony McClung had his first career kickoff return in the fourth quarter, an 18 yard effort.