2007 University of Cincinnati Football|
Nov. 25, 2007
Carrier Dome -
· The outcome gives the Bearcats nine wins for the fourth time in the program's 120 seasons of competition. The 9-3 regular-season finish is
· BIG EAST Conference Coach of the Year candidate Brian Kelly moves to 6-1 away from Nippert Stadium. In his first year, Kelly is now 10-3 at the reins of the Bearcats' program. The Bearcats finish the regular season 5-1 on the road.
· Dome Sweet Dome:
· Marcus Barnett snared three touchdown passes from Ben Mauk to help UC to a 35-24 lead. For Barnett, a redshirt freshman, he now has 13 touchdown receptions this season. Barnett broke Bearcats' Hall of Famer Jim O'Brien's 30-year old record for touchdown grabs in a season. Barnett is currently second in the nation among rookie receivers in scoring catches.
· The Bearcats carded 11 sacks against the
· In the game
· Quarterback Ben Mauk set a new career-high with 29-of-42 passing for 431 yards through the air. His total of 431 passing yards for
· Mauk finishes the regular season with a record 27 touchdown passes. Mauk's touchdown to interception margin of +21 (27 touchdowns to 6 interceptions) is currently tops in school history. The graduate transfer is ranked in the top 10 in UC history with 334 pass attempts (8th), 205 completions (7th), 2,787 passing yards (4th).
· Returning to the scene of his top game as a Bearcat, Earnest Jackson made a 32-yard reception in the second quarter. In 2005,
· Connor Barwin registered his second-best game of the year with 90 yards on four receptions.
· Cincinnati's duo of Marcus Barnett (11 catches for 127 yards) and Dominick Goodman's (8 receptions for 98 yards) was two yards away from becoming the first Bearcats' duo to both collect more than 100 yards receiving in the same game since the tandem of Albert Sweet (5-130) and Sean Stewart (6-127) each reached the century mark in a 44-12 win over Ball State on Oct. 16, 1993. It marked the eighth time in UC history that the feat had been accomplished. The duo of Tom Rossley and Jim O'Brien did it four times during the 1968 campaign.
· The Bearcats' defensive front applied pressure all night long, registering a season-high 11 sacks for 89 yards. Anthony Hoke and Lamonte Nelms each registered three sacks. The
· Ray Guy Award finalist Kevin Huber averaged 51.2 yards on four punts. Huber boomed four punts with a long punt of 60 yards and one landed inside the 20-yard line.