Dec. 5, 2013
Final Stats |
No. 19/16 LOUISVILLE 31, No. 23 CINCINNATI 24
DEC. 5, 2013
CAPTAINS: #6 Anthony McClung, #94 Jordan Stepp
RECORDS: Louisville 11-1 (7-1 AAC); Cincinnati 9-3 (6-2 AAC)
COIN TOSS: Louisville wins and defers; Cincinnati chooses to receive; Louisville will defend the north.
- Thursday's game served as the final game at historic Nippert Stadium before UC begins an $86 million stadium renovation, which is slated to be complete for the 2015 season.
- Thursday night's game versus Louisville was the 53rd meeting between the two rivals. UC leads the series with a 29-23-1 record.
- A total of 35,097 fans were in attendance on Thursday, which is tied for the seventh largest crowd in Nippert History.
- The last time UC and UofL scored 17 points or fewer in the first half was 1996.
- UC is now 6-6 in overtime games and 3-2 in overtime games played at Nippert Stadium. The Bearcats are 3-4 in 1OT games and 3-5 in OT conference games.
- The last overtime game for Cincinnati was a 34-31 loss to Louisville on Oct. 27, 2012 in Louisville.
- The two teams combined for 860 all-purpose yards in the game. Cincinnati racked up 428 yards and Louisville accounted for 432.
- Cincinnati had two penalties called against the Bearcats for 18 yards. The number ties its season low set against Purdue on Aug. 31. Against the Boilermakers, UC was only penalized 10 yards.
- Senior quarterback Brendon Kay finished with 304 yards with 22 completions on 40 attempts. His passing yard total for the season is now 3,101 and he is only the fourth quarterback in UC history to surpass the 3,000-yard milestone and the first since Ben Mauk threw for 3,121 in 2007. It was Kay's sixth 300-yard game of the season.
- For the first time in his career, Kay rushed for two touchdowns in a single game.
- Howard Wilder garnered the second interception of his career in the last minute of the second quarter.
- Silverberry Mouhon garnered a sack late in the third quarter to stop a UofL drive. He leads the team with 9.5 sacks on the season.
- John Lloyd booted a career long 62-yard punt late in the third quarter, which was downed at the UofL 14 yard line. The punt also was a season-high for the Bearcats.
- Junior linebacker Nick Temple had 2.5 tackles for loss, including 1.5 sacks.
- Senior linebacker Greg Blair recorded 18 tackles in the game, one shy of his career high. The number is the most of any Cincinnati player in a game during the 2013 season. Seven of his stops were solo tackles and he added one quarterback hurry.
- Senior Jordan Stepp recorded a career-high nine tackles, besting his previous career-high (6), achieved three times, most recently at Rutgers on Nov. 16, 2013.
- Junior Nick Temple also set a career-high in tackles with nine, topping his previous mark of eight, set eight times.