Aug 28, 2013
Temperatures for the University of Cincinnati football team's season opener against Purdue at noon Saturday inside Nippert Stadium are expected to be north of 85 degrees and humid. We want all of our fans to start the season off with an enjoyable gameday experience and avoid any heat-related illnesses. As such, here are some prevention tips:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Wear loose, light weight, breathable clothing
- When feeling too warm find a cool, shaded, well-ventilated area to rest in.
- When in the sun, wear sunscreen (at least SPF 15).
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat or visor.
- The chronically ill, very young and very old are most susceptible to heat extremes.
Be sure to make the necessary changes as you prepare for a safe and enjoyable Game Day.
If you find yourself becoming overheated, Fifth Third Arena will be open, through Gate 1 to assist you cool down. Misting stations will be available in the Fan Zone and the Grid. Additionally, emergency medical treatment is available at the First Aid Room, which is located on the East concourse behind Section 111.
For all other gameday information, please visit http://www.gobearcats.com/gameday.html
Season tickets are still available for the remaining five home football games for as low as $105 by clicking here: CATSTIX.com.