TV: ABC Coverage Map For UC-OU Game
GAME 2: CINCINNATI AT OKLAHOMA
Saturday, Sept. 6 | 3:30 p.m. EST | Memorial Stadium (82,112) | Norman, Okla.
Series: First Meeting
Television: ABC Regional Broadcast (WCPO Channel 9): Ron Franklin (PXP), Ed Cunningham (ANA), Todd Harris (SL)
Radio: 92.5 WOFX-FM: Dan Hoard (PXP), Jim Kelly, Jr. (ANA) Tom Gelehrter (SL), & Mo Egger (Host/ENG)
BEARCATS HEAD SOUTH TO TAKE ON OKLAHOMA FOR THE FIRST TIME
The University of Cincinnati football team, coming off a 40-7 opening night win against Eastern Kentucky, hits the road for the first time in 2008 to face the No. 4/4 Oklahoma Sooners, Saturday at 3:30 p.m. EST in a nationally-televised game at Memorial Stadium.
The game can be seen on ABC, WCPO Channel 9 in Cincinnati.
UC got a workman-like performance from quarterback Dustin Grutza, going 21-of-28 for 296 yards and three touchdowns. He also added a rushing touchdown in the game and was named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week Monday.
Connor Barwin finished with five tackles and two sacks in his first game at defensive end.
Cincinnati and Oklahoma have never met on the gridiron.
Brian Kelly, the 2007 BIG EAST Coach of the Year, is in his second full season at the helm of the Cincinnati football program with an 12-3 record and a 18-year career mark of 149-54-2. Kelly led the Bearcats to a school-record-tying 10 wins in 2007 and a victory in the Papajohns.com Bowl. He won two NCAA Division II National Championships at Grand Valley State and led Central Michigan to the 2006 Mid-American Conference Championship. He is the leader in victories among active BIG EAST coaches and would be the only current BIG EAST coach with 150 career wins.
BOB STOOPS is 98-22 in his 10th season with the Sooners. He is 33-9 vs. non-conference opponents, 54-2 at home, and is a native of Youngstown, Ohio.
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS
- Cincinnati returns 16 starters, including all-Americans Mike Mickens, Terrill Byrd, and Kevin Huber.
- UC paced the country with 26 interceptions and shared the national lead with 42 takeaways in 2007.
- Head coach Brian Kelly is seeking career win No. 150. He would be the only current BIG EAST coach with 150 or more career victories. He 149 victories rank 11th among active NCAA FBS head coaches.
- Dominick Goodman and Mardy Gilyard both tallied over 100-yards receiving against Eastern Kentucky on Aug. 28, the first time a pair of UC teammates had achieved that feat since Albert Sweet and Sean Stewart did it on Oct. 16, 1993.
- Brandon Yingling will start at placekicker for the Bearcats while Jake Rogers will handle kickoffs.
- UC has never beaten a team ranked in the Top 5.