Sept. 8, 2010
Cincinnati Game Notes | Roster | Gameday Central | Gametracker | Live Audio
AT A GLANCE
Date: Sept. 11, 2010
Time: Noon (EST)
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Venue: Nippert Stadium
Television: FOX 19, WXIX | ESPN3.com
Live Stats: GoBEARCATS.com
Series Record: UC leads 3-1
In Cincinnati: UC leads 2-0
ON THE AIR
TELEVISION: WXIX Fox 19 | ESPN3.com
Michael Reghi: Play-By-Play
Artrell Hawkins: Analyst
Brian Giesenchlag: Sideline
RADIO: WLW (700 AM, SIRIUS 130)
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
FOOTBALL PREPS FOR HOME OPENER AGAINST INDIANA STATE
The University of Cincinnati football team, coming off a tough 28-14 loss at Fresno State, returns home to venerable Nippert Stadium for the 2010 home opener against Indiana State at noon on Saturday for Hometown Heroes days. Local heroes and champions will be honored throughout the game. The Bearcats will look to put last week's loss behind them and improve on their 12-game winning streak on the home turf.
Saturday marks the fifth meeting between the Bearcats and Sycamores, with UC holding a 3-1 advantage in the series.
Butch Jones, named the head coach at the University of Cincinnati on Dec. 16, 2009, is in his first season at the helm of the UC program and is 0-1. Jones most recently led Central Michigan University to a pair of Mid-American Conference Championships and three-straight bowl appearances. He holds a 27-14 overall record and a 22-3 mark in league games.
TRENT MILES is entering his third season at Indiana State with a 2-22 records. He has never faced the Bearcats.
A LOOK AHEAD
UC will play its third game in 12 days when it heads to Raleigh, N.C. to take on the NC State Wolfpack on Sept. 16, 2010 at 7:30 p.m. in a game scheduled to be televised by ESPN.
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS ...
- The University of Cincinnati is in its 123rd football season with an all-time record of 547-543-51 (.502).
- Cincinnati (1885) is one of the five oldest programs in college football along with Rutgers (1869), Michigan (1879), Navy (1880), and Minnesota (1883).
- UC opened up the 2010 campaign on Sept. 4 at Fresno State, dropping a 28-14 decision.
- UC will play its first three games in 12 days and then play only two games in the next 24 days, including having nine days to prepare for Oklahoma on Sept. 25.
- UC had nine first-time starters at Fresno State and nine players made their first appearance for UC.
- DB Adrian Witty is the only true freshman on the squad to see playing time in 2010.
- WR Vidal Hazelton will miss the rest of the season after injuring his knee on a kickoff return at Fresno State.
- He will be replaced at WR by Marcus Barnett, while DJ Woods will take over as the primary kick returner.
- Head coach Butch Jones opened up competition on the offensive line this week, choosing to name his starters after practice on Thursday. The OL surrendered eight sacks in the opener at Fresno State.
- The UC defense held Fresno State to eight yards of total offense in the first quarter of the opener.
- DB Pat Lambert had his first career interception at Fresno.
- WR Armon Binns had a team-high seven catches in the opener and has a reception in 14 straight games.
- Cincinnati won its second-straight BIG EAST Conference title in 2009, earning the league's BCS bowl bid for the second time.