Oct. 11, 2010
GAME 5: CINCINNATI (1-3) vs. MIAMI (OH) (3-2)
FRIDAY, OCT. 15, 2010 - 8 P.M. (ET) - LOUISVILLE, KY. - PAPA JOHN'S CARDINAL STADIUM (55,000/FIELD TURF)
Cincinnati Game Notes | Roster | Gameday Central | Game Rivalry Page | Gametracker | Live Audio
AT A GLANCE
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Radio: 700 WLW
Satellite Radio: Sirius 121/XM 141
Live Stats: GoBEARCATS.com
Internet Radio: 700WLW.com
Series Record: UC leads 27-21-1
Last Meeting: 10/24/09 (UC W, 41-10 vs. UofL)
In Louisville: UC leads 12-9-1
ON THE AIR
Joe Tessitore: Play-By-Play
Rod Gilmore: Analyst
RADIO: WLW (700 AM, SIRIUS 121, XM 141)
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
Football Faces 50th Battle For Keg Of Nails Friday At Louisville
The University of Cincinnati football team opens up BIG EAST Conference play Friday, taking on Louisville for the 50th time in the battle for the Keg of Nails.
Friday marks the 50th matchup in a rivalry that dates back to 1929. UC leads the all-time series (27-21-1) as well as a 12-9-1 lead in games played in Louisville. The Bearcats have won the past two games against the Cardinals.
Butch Jones, named the head coach at the University of Cincinnati on Dec. 16, 2009, is in his first season at the helm of the UC program and is 2-3. Jones most recently led Central Michigan University to a pair of Mid-American Conference Championships and three-straight bowl appearances. He holds a 29-16 overall record and a 23-3 mark in league games.
CHARLIE STRONG is in his first season at Louisville with a 3-2 record. He was the defensive coordinator on the University of Florida staff which defeated UC in the 2010 Allstate Sugar Bowl.
A LOOK AHEAD
UC continues BIG EAST play against visiting USF in a Friday night game at Nippert Stadium. The Bearcats lead the all-time series 4-2 and are looking for a fourth consecutive win against the Bulls. The game will be televised by ESPN2.
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS ...
- The University of Cincinnati is in its 123rd football season with an all-time record of 549-545-51 (.502).
- Cincinnati (1885) is one of the five oldest programs in college football along with Rutgers (1869), Michigan (1879), Navy (1880), and Minnesota (1883).
- UC has won 12-straight BIG EAST Conference games and two consecutive league championships.
- UC has seven new starters on defense and four on offense this season.
- UC's rushing defense (84.8 ypg) leads the BIG EAST and ranks eighth nationally.
- RB Isaiah Pead has logged 366 yards rushing in the past two games, ranking second nationally and leading the BIG EAST with a 9.8 yards per carry average.
- QB Zach Collaros leads the BIG EAST in pass efficiency (158.14) and passing yards per game (236.0).
- WR DJ Woods sits atop the BIG EAST Conference ledger in both receptions per game (5.8) and receiving yards per game (97.8). He has set career receiving highs in two of the last three games with his yardage totals of 146 (at NC State) and 171 (vs. Oklahoma), respectively.
- On 24 scoring drives this season, UC is averaging 1:44 per score. Sixteen of UC's 24 scores this season have come in under two minutes.
- WR Armon Binns has 24 catches in five games along with four TDs. He has a reception in 18 straight games.
- LB JK Schaffer ranks second in the BIG EAST in tackles (9.8 tpg). He has a team high 49 stops in five games.
- WR Vidal Hazelton and DB Dominique Battle will miss the rest of the season after suffering knee injuries.