Oct. 19, 2010
GAME 7: Cincinnati (3-3, 1-0 BIG EAST) vs. USF (3-3, 0-2 BIG EAST)
FRIDAY, OCT. 22, 2010 - 8 P.M. (ET) - CINCINNATI, OHIO - NIPPERT STADIUM (35,000/FIELD TURF)
Cincinnati Game Notes | Roster | Gameday Central | Gametracker | Live Audio
AT A GLANCE
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Radio: 700 WLW
Satellite Radio: Sirius 122/XM 143
Live Stats: GoBEARCATS.com
Internet Radio: 700WLW.com
Series Record: UC leads 5-2
Last Meeting: 10/15/09 (UC W, 37-15 vs. USF)
In Cincinnati: UC leads 3-0
ON THE AIR
Joe Tessitore: Play-By-Play
Rod Gilmore: Analyst
RADIO: WLW (700 AM, SIRIUS 122, XM 143)
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
Football Returns Home For Ring Of Red Game Against USF
The University of Cincinnati football team returns to Nippert Stadium Friday for a BIG EAST Conference matchup against the USF Bulls. The Bearcats are on a two-game winning streak and will don their red jerseys for the annual Ring of Red game.
Friday marks the eighth matchup in the series with UC holding a 5-2 advantage overall against the Bulls and a 3-0 margin in Cincinnati. The Bearcats have won four straight games in the rivalry.
Butch Jones, named the head coach at the University of Cincinnati on Dec. 16, 2009, is in his first season at the helm of the UC program and is 3-3. Jones most recently led Central Michigan University to a pair of Mid-American Conference Championships and three-straight bowl appearances. He holds a 29-16 overall record and a 23-3 mark in league games.
SKIP HOLTZ is in his first season at USF with a 3-3 record. Holtz is in his 11th season overall as a head coach with a 75-52 career mark. Prior to arriving at USF, he led East Carolina to back-to-back Conference USA Championships.
A LOOK AHEAD
UC closes out a brief two-game homestand against Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 30 at noon inside Nippert Stadium. UC will celebrate its annual homecoming. The game will be televised by ESPNU.
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS ...
- The University of Cincinnati is in its 123rd football season with an all-time record of 550-545-51 (.502).
Cincinnati (1885) is one of the five oldest programs in college football along with Rutgers (1869), Michigan (1879), Navy (1880), and Minnesota (1883).
- UC has won 13-straight BIG EAST Conference games and two consecutive league championships.
- UC has seven new starters on defense and four on offense this season. UC has only 12 seniors and features 63 players at sophomore level or below.
- The Bearcats started eight sophomores on defense at Louisville, making UC the youngest defensive unit among all BCS Conference teams.
- UC donned new jerseys last week and will wear the adidas TECHFIT compression jersey for the rest of the season.
- WR Armon Binns was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week after snagging a career high eight catches for a career best 175 yards and three TDs. Binns has a reception in 19-straight games.
- RB Isaiah Pead has logged 511 yards in the past three games, all 100-plus yard efforts. He ranks fourth among BIG EAST backs with a 109.4 yards per game average and leads the league with an 8.8 yards per carry average.
- QB Zach Collaros leads the BIG EAST in passing efficiency (163.6), total offense (251.3), and passing yards per game (242.5).
- WR DJ Woods leads the BIG EAST in receiving yards per game averaging a 91.7 yards per game clip. He has 31 catches for 550 yards and six touchdowns. He has set career receiving highs in two of the last four games.