Nov. 8, 2012
Cincinnati Notes | BIG EAST Notes | Temple Notes | Watch | Listen
Cincinnati (6-2, 2-1 BIG EAST) vs. Temple (3-5, 2-3 BIG EAST)
Nov. 10, 2012 • Noon ET • BIG EAST Network • 700 WLW
Philadelphia, Pa. • Lincoln Financial Field (68,532)
THE MATCHUP: UC Stats | Temple Stats
Football On The Road To Face Temple Saturday
The University of Cincinnati football team heads back on the road to square off with the Temple Owls at Lincoln Financial Field Saturday, ahead of a two-game homestand at historic Nippert Stadium. UC (6-2, 2-1 BIG EAST) snapped a two-game slide with a 35-24 win over Syracuse on Nov. 3. Temple, who rejoined the BIG EAST Conference in the summer of 2012, is 3-5 (2-3 BIG EAST) and coming off a 45-17 loss at No. 12/10 Louisville this past weekend. After seven-straight late afternoon/night games, UC plays its second of three straight noon kickoffs Saturday in a game televised by the BIG EAST Network (Local 12 WKRC in Cincinnati) and available on the Watch ESPN app, ESPN3 and 700 WLW.
Temple leads the all-time series 9-4-1, dating back to 1973. UC has won the past two meetings, including one in Philadelphia. Saturday marks the teams first meeting since Sept. of 2003. The Owls hold a 7-1-0 advantage in Philadelphia, but this will be the two teams first meeting in Lincoln Financial Field, which opened in August of 2003.
Butch Jones, the 2011 BIG EAST Conference Coach of the Year, is in his third season with the University of Cincinnati program and his sixth as a collegiate head coach with a career record of 47-26. He has won three conference championships (2007, 2009 at Central Michigan, 2011 at Cincinnati).
STEVE ADDAZIO is in his second season at Temple with a 12-9 school and career record. Addazio guided the Owls to an 9-4 overall record and a second-place finish in the Mid-American Conference East Division in 2011.
ON THE AIR
TELEVISION//BIG EAST NETWORK
Eamon McEneaney: Play-by-Play
David Diaz-Infante: Analyst
Paul Carcaterra: Sideline
RADIO//700 WLW AM
Dan Hoard: Play-By-Play
Jim Kelly Jr.: Analyst
Tom Gelehrter: Sideline
Mo Egger: Host/Engineer
STREAKS, STORYLINES, SIDEBARS
- The University of Cincinnati football team, under the direction of third-year head coach Butch Jones is playing its 125th season of football in 2012.
- The Bearcats program dates to 1885 and ranks as one of the 10 oldest in major college football and following a 10-3 campaign in 2011, holds an all-time mark of 561-553-51.
- UC has won three of the past four BIG EAST Championships and has played in a bowl game in five of the past six seasons.
- Jones, the 2011 BIG EAST Conference Coach of the Year, enters his third season with the Bearcats program and his sixth as a collegiate head coach.
- The Bearcats have won 61 games over the last seven years, the most among current members of the Big East.
- UC is one of only five NCAA FBS AQ programs to have won 10 games in four of the past five seasons, joining Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech.
- DL Walter Stewart, who had started 40-straight games for UC, has missed the last three games due to an upper body injury suffered against Fordham. His return is undetermined.
- UC has won its last nine games at Nippert Stadium dating back to the 2011 season opener against Austin Peay.
- The Bearcats have eclipsed 425 yards of total offense in seven of their eight games this season. UC has surpassed the 400-yard mark 16 times (12-4 record) under head coach Butch Jones.
- UC has run for 200 or more yards in five games this season after gaining 263 yards on the ground against Syracuse.
- RB George Winn had a standout performance against the Orange rushing a career-high 30 times for a career-high 165 yards with a career-high three rushing TDs and a passing TD. Winn was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week.
- LB Greg Blair led the UC defense with 10 tackles vs. Syracuse, giving the senior 44 tackles over the past three games.